Slipped on pretreated stairs

ascrubabove

Woke up with a head cold or some kind a crud and didn't feel well, but I went to work anyway(helper had the day off), big 2 story house with a play room up stairs you could play basketball in, I arive and inspect all the areas they want cleaned, set up and clean the 2nd floor, pre-spray the stairs and hook up the stair tool, I don't know why but at the time it seemed important to get the kinks out of the hose so I climbed up the stairs and untwisted the hose, then I had the great idea of cleaning the stairs from the top down!!!! Cleaned the first nose and riser, turned the tool to clean the step and the vac hose twisted off slid down the stairs and attatched itself to the drywall!!! I could hear the TNT starting to bog down and a very important thought came to mind that I should get it off the wall befor it sucks a hole through it, and down the stairs I went, for some reason I found it weard that both my feet slipped off the fifth step :shock: but I had most of it figured out by the time my lower back landed on the first step, owner said I shook the whole house, my leg managed to knock the hose off the wall when I landed so that was good :lol:
1. pretreat stairs down
2. clean risers and nose up
3. clean flats down

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Why in the world would you ever clean stairs from the bottom up? Excess water drips down. You clean the steps from the top down then the risers from the bottom up. I can't believe how many of you guys don't have a clue.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I got ya one better...

About 10 mths ago my neighbor asked me to clean a hall and about a spits worth of living room. Told him sure, next time i do my house ill just drag my hose across and do yours for like $25

So heres the set up....He is about 60ish just got done with chemo (and he is doing great now) about 5'9 and 140ish (due to chemo treatments)

I had hurt my knee, about 3 mths prior, can walk and do stairs about 80%. I stand 6' and 230.

He didnt need stairs done because they have that plastic mat crap on them :evil:

ok got the picture??

so i spray the hall and liv, which is upstairs (mid level split). Come down the stairs..WHOOOOPPPP leg bends i go this way, he is right there and is trying to CATCH ME!! Ok everythings fine, didnt hurt myself. :shock: :shock: :shock: wrist hurt a little but hey.

Pull my hose in and up, get it set up.. go back out side (think i would remember huh) WHOOOOOPPPPPP leg bends this way, hes trying to catch me again :shock: :shock: (fooking plastic covers!!!!!!)

clean it, coming back out (hey i remembered this time) going backwards, so i can clean the walkway to the stairs..being careful, telling the guy HA I REMEMBERED!!! Get done turn to take it out WHOOOOOPPPPP...

Cant believe i didnt kill him and/or me, do serious damage to one of us or something...

absolutly NUTS

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Had a tech out all last week with a high ankle sprain. He slipped on the hose coming down the stairs and twisted it at a water loss.

He had to wear a soft cast for a week, but is he's back at it this week.

Name
Nate W.
floorguy said:
I got ya one better...

About 10 mths ago my neighbor asked me to clean a hall and about a spits worth of living room. Told him sure, next time i do my house ill just drag my hose across and do yours for like $25

So heres the set up....He is about 60ish just got done with chemo (and he is doing great now) about 5'9 and 140ish (due to chemo treatments)

I had hurt my knee, about 3 mths prior, can walk and do stairs about 80%. I stand 6' and 230.

He didnt need stairs done because they have that plastic mat crap on them :evil:

ok got the picture??

so i spray the hall and liv, which is upstairs (mid level split). Come down the stairs..WHOOOOPPPP leg bends i go this way, he is right there and is trying to CATCH ME!! Ok everythings fine, didnt hurt myself. :shock: :shock: :shock: wrist hurt a little but hey.

Pull my hose in and up, get it set up.. go back out side (think i would remember huh) WHOOOOOPPPPPP leg bends this way, hes trying to catch me again :shock: :shock: (fooking plastic covers!!!!!!)

clean it, coming back out (hey i remembered this time) going backwards, so i can clean the walkway to the stairs..being careful, telling the guy HA I REMEMBERED!!! Get done turn to take it out WHOOOOOPPPPP...

Cant believe i didnt kill him and/or me, do serious damage to one of us or something...

absolutly NUTS

All that without booties? You probably would have killed yourself if you did wear them. :shock:

GRHeacock

About cleaning stairs- I say it depends on the tool used.

If bonneting or OP, or HWE with a upholstery tool, then do from the top down.

If HWE, and a stair tool, clean the risers and nose going up, flat step going back down.

And when using HWE, if you have one of my Anti-Gravity Hose Holders, that keeps the hoses where you want them.

Gary

John Watson

Our son Jay slipped and caught himself on the bottom step on a set of spiral stairs as we were packing down an oriental rug... Doctor said it probably would have been better just to have gone with the flow. (Oh yeah, I try to forget that he also 2 days later (a Sunday) went and tried to play basketball and pulled and twisted it somemore..

He tore his maniscus and acl. 2 or 3 surgeries and 10 months later he tried to come back to work. He coulden't use a knee kicker anymore, cleaning stairs were painful, I was back on the truck full time watching over Helen and her health problems and was quite comfortable with the new set up. He is now a Journey man plumber (Turd herderler) and works with shit..
Funny thing is he refused to work on our sewer back up jobs...Hmmm.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
Craig, call your attorney asap!!

wtf??? Clean stairs from the bottom up?? What kinda hacks are you guys?? Never heard of that before....that makes no sense to me at all...clean them going up then walk right back down...it's like cleaning a large room starting from the entry and finishing at the back...

Did you guys get to skip a day or two of IICRC training and then take test??? Craig, you need to investigate this matter right away!!

ascrubabove

Clean the riser and nose on the way up the stairs, flip the stair tool over and clean the flat steps on the way back down! That way you only turn your tool one time on a hole flight of stairs. Saves alot of time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom