SMALL PORTABLE

wired

Looking for a small portable for cleaning urine spots. I have customers that want a small unit that works well on these spots. I would like to get a unit myself since I have been cleaning a lot of urine saves me from using the truckmount. Thanks

Name
Eric Valentine
Solution is in a bucket. Pour it on the spot, dwell, and use the small portable and the claw to extract. I would assume this is for smaller urine spots, not large areas.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The main consideration is a decent vacuum. Most of the portable manufacturers use the same vacuums. You can buy a Mytee or a Ninja or one of our Olympus models and have a small portable that will extract small urine spots.

If what you want is really a small portable, buy a brand name from your local distributor. Don't look for an Internet special unless you plan to service it yourself and don't care about supporting your local distributor.

However, the cost of even a small portable will be $1000 or more. Even a portable has some time to carry into the job, set-up, fill with water, pack back to the van and so forth.

A better idea might be a simple spot machine. DurrMaid makes a good one if you want heat. If the main use is for small urine spots, you won't need added heat. I'd suggest a PowerX spotter from our Olympus line.

Scott Warrington

Name
John LaBarbera
A small spotter, like a Mytee Tempo, would work fine. Many Manufactures build one and like Scott said you "don't need heat."

The Tempo is only two gallons but has the larges vac motor for a spotter in the industry. It also comes with a stainless steel upholstery tool, instead of the plastic one so many manf. use.

You can check it out at mytee.com. We just emailed our distributors a special discounted price yesterday. A Mikey's Board Special should be about $299.00 plus freight while supplies last.

John

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have a durrmaid with heat in the swapmeat for sale

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
small spotter

Hi G,

The list of items you had for sale says your spotter is sold. Might want to bring that up to date. Is your Little Giant heater still for sale?

Greenie

John LaBarbera said:
The Tempo is only two gallons but has the larges vac motor for a spotter in the industry. It also comes with a stainless steel upholstery tool, instead of the plastic one so many manf. use.
A Mikey's Board Special should be about $299.00 plus freight while supplies last.
John

That is good info, I kinda like the Tempo, now I just have to figure out how to keep up with the Jones' that sell cheap from their garage on Ebay.

How about a storefront as a requirement to be a distributor?

wired

small portables

Most people do not want to spend 400.00 on a portable. How about using a shop vac and a sprinkler can with hot water in it. This would be if a cat or dog has just gone on the carpet. Sprinkle the area with hot water then vac doing this a few times to wash out the urine. put a small fan near the area to dry it.

maker

Re: small portables

wired said:
Most people do not want to spend 400.00 on a portable. How about using a shop vac and a sprinkler can with hot water in it. This would be if a cat or dog has just gone on the carpet. Sprinkle the area with hot water then vac doing this a few times to wash out the urine. put a small fan near the area to dry it.

Yeah, maybe you can just borrow it from your customer. Then it would require no money at all. For that matter maybe you can save yourself money on a machine and just require your customers rent one or own one of those home steamers from Walmart. You could save a bundle!

Greenie

Hey! Keep me informed on the coolwrap feedback!

I'm bringing in a dozen of the Tempo Spotters, gotta take advantage of a sale!

Also gonna put the Mytee 2200 air movers on special for June.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Any mikeysboard member that wants a Tempo call greenie. I got the hook up on mikey sprayers so working with greenie to turn the tempo's.

Greenie the cool wraps need testing on a HOT machine call me

wired

Thanks for your advise steve . I do not need one . Most of my clients have dogs or cats some have both. They just want something that can get them by. Steve to let you know I have a new butler EX.high heat all the bells and whistles, 120 ft of two and half hose Greenies wand ,3 floor machines and much more and if I need something I will go out and buy it and I work when I want to I am lucky I made some good investment along the way.

maker

I misread your first post. I thought you were looking for machine for yourself for when you just have a spot or 2 to get out. The shop vac idea makes a lot more sense now. :oops:

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Gary,

Thanks for your opinion. Frankly, we've been using the West-Pak tool for years now with good success. Steve, at West-Pak maakes some of the best valves in the industry.
We use a detail tool with a longer angle. You're just over the hill from us and if you would prefer a plastic tool I would be happy to order one in for you.
Actually, I like the idea of using a small Water-Claw for urine spotting.

Thanks for sharing,

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom