Small TM?

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I have a Boxxer 421 mounted in a trailer that is getting old and tired. I think that it is time for a new TM. I was thinking about going with an electric TM, but I don't want to deal with the added hassle of plugging it in.

I have been using less TM HWE and more VLM using the BrushPro system with the Encap spray and absorbent compound. I really like the system and get great results with it. I still use my TM on 20-30% of my jobs.

Does anyone have a TM from one of the small builders that they are happy with? I think that one of the small, entry level machines is all that I would need. Something that could rinse carpet and tile after a really good scrubbing.

Name
jack zerkie
I had a Hydramaster 470 D and replaced it with a Cobb base 2045 and it,s great for the investment over 3 years and zero down time. The heat is not as hot but Cobb chemicals really help. The complete investment is less than $ 10 K. just ask me jz.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
The smallest footprint TM, and one of the most reliable and easiest to work on, I would vote for one of Duane Oxleys Predator Unleashed, it has a "Water separation box" instead of a waste tank, and a bullet proof Auto pump out.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
The amount of money isn't an issue. I'm just looking for a basic machine without a lot of sensors and switches, something small and light. I care more about reliability than I do about performance.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ive seen that unit Larry has in person.

For the money and Larry's warranty behind it, you cant beat the price in a HX system.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
Is a 3M blower the same size as a 33? That machine looks a lot like an ** Truckmount unit.

Larry, do you think that I could fit that TM, 150ft of hoses with reels and have enough room for the BrushPro, sprayers, ect in a 5x8 enclosed cargo trailer? I have my Boxxer 421 with 300ft of hose in a 6x10 and there is a lot of free space. I would like to down size the trailer if possible.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Is a 3M blower the same size as a 33?
Larry, do you think that I could fit that TM, 150ft of hoses with reels and have enough room for the BrushPro, sprayers, ect in a 5x8 enclosed cargo trailer? I have my Boxxer 421 with 300ft of hose in a 6x10 and there is a lot of free space. I would like to down size the trailer if possible.

The Blower is a #33 model.

The TM and one vac reel will fit in a 5' x 8' trailer, but I think more room would be better.

Larry

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
a 33 will give you 160cfm @15hg

Might as well use a good portable IMO.
Yea, but you don't have to deal with plugging it in, filling/dumping with buckets, or carrying it into the house.
the way that I have been cleaning with the BrushPro first, I really on need the power of a portable to rinse.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
The smallest footprint TM, and one of the most reliable and easiest to work on, I would vote for one of Duane Oxleys Predator Unleashed, it has a "Water separation box" instead of a waste tank, and a bullet proof Auto pump out.

Thanks, Ashley.

The Viper has the same footprint and is even simpler than a Predator.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
What is a 570? I like the look of the small SS Rage, I think. I haven't really looked at anything in person yet. I stilled haven't ruled out the Mytee air hog/water hog combo.

Name
Todd
I have a Boxxer 421 mounted in a trailer that is getting old and tired. I think that it is time for a new TM. I was thinking about going with an electric TM, but I don't want to deal with the added hassle of plugging it in.

I have been using less TM HWE and more VLM using the BrushPro system with the Encap spray and absorbent compound. I really like the system and get great results with it. I still use my TM on 20-30% of my jobs.

Does anyone have a TM from one of the small builders that they are happy with? I think that one of the small, entry level machines is all that I would need. Something that could rinse carpet and tile after a really good scrubbing.

The Prochem Blazer GT is perfect for your situation. The Rage would be a good also I would think because is it much smaller. I think the vacuum is a little less on the Rage but it has more heat from what I understand from talk to SS. Plus the Rage is coupler driven blower while the blazer has belts. Here is the video I posted on another thread of my Blazer in action. I have been very happy with it. Th y have a boxer 318 also for around 12,300. That is the most expensive and the Rage is the most affordable. I THINK THE rAGE is 10,999 and the Blazer is 11,500. But the prices may have changed. I'm pretty sure the Hydramaster 318 is coupler driven also. I think the Rage has an electric clutch to disengage the water pump also. Not sure on the Hydramaster but the Blazer doesn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urXHFaT0xF4

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom