Smaller world..

Credits
My nanny is probably the best I could ask for. I wish I could hire her full time to homeschool my children. She’s Filipino, and has a masters in early childhood development..... I just don’t have the extra 8k a month....

MB Exclusive.
Credits
@Mikey P the only “nanny” I ever had were CSA’s and Carpet Cleaners. If I wasn’t at school, I was in a Steemer office or a Steemer Van.
Same here. My father had a dry cleaning plant and in plant rug cleaning building. I had no "babysitters" preschool or when I was too sick to go to school. I just went to work with my parents and was attended to by them or employees.

Credits
When were grew up they just let us have free run of the neighborhood. Times were much different back then, kids everywhere on the block. Nobody watched us....or even cared. lol
Loose a kid, hell make another one. :winky:

My wife stayed home with our four kids until the twins made it to middle school. She raised them practically by herself, she gets the credit, I just get the blame. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Credits
The lady I’ve hired teaches my kids French, Spanish, geography etc. She’s also teaching my older daughter guitar.
She’s very educated, and very intelligent. My girls love their time with her. It’s worth every penny.

Credits
When were grew up they just let us have free run of the neighborhood. Times were much different back then, kids everywhere on the block. Nobody watched us....or even cared. lol
Loose a kid, hell make another one. :winky:

My wife stayed home with our four kids until the twins made it to middle school. She raised them practically by herself, she gets the credit, I just get the blame. :smile:
Such a different world today. Everyone is paranoid that someone is going to kidnap their kids or molest them in some way. Yes, there are people in world like that but I don't think in the numbers that everyone imagines. When we were 10, 11 years old, we would hike up the railroad tracks to the farmers fields and shoot pheasants. Or we would cross the railroad bridge to an island in the middle of the river to fish. We would ride our bikes 10 miles away just to go swimming in an old quarry. As long as we were back by supper time, no body worried. Our town had an old air raid siren that they would blast at 9pm. That was our curfew. Seems like life was a lot simpler back then. Has it really gotten that bad these days or is it just our imagination.

Credits
Has it really gotten that bad these days or is it just our imagination.
We Army crawled though water drainage pipes...with candles at first then later with flashlights. There would 6-8 of us fools with little thought about meeting critters head on. We'd hop the barbed wire and go skate on the ice on the farmers pond. Spend a day scrounging for pop bottles, wash them and carry them to the grocery store so we could have money. Walk a mile to the mall and the movie theater and spend all day there. Ride bikes all over the sub division with no restrictions on time or where we were.

My kids weren't allowed out of eye sight. lol

Latest posts