George V

Is there a setting somewhere to

"Leave copy downloaded messages on server"

Or deselect

"Delete downloaded messages".

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Depends on how you have your e-mail service set up. If one of your machines removes the message when it pings the server, any message that hasn't already been delivered to your other machine won't show on the second machine.

You can set your account up so that you manually remove messages and the server will let you know when you're approaching your storage limit.

EDIT: What George said.

Gary Taylor

I would think if you use a web based e-mail account such as yahoo etc., the message is not downloaded to your pc/laptop/phone. But stays on the web based server until you delete it. If you are ustilizing outlook/outlook express etc. that actually downloads the e-mail from your internet providers server, then it will download to the device you are accesses it from, and then it is gone. However please note, I do not have a fancy phone, and this is pruely speculation..

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Are you asking about Outlook Mike. If you have a gmail, yahoo, or hotmail account yes it will. If you're talking about your email from your domain or your sbc global account, you need microsoft exchange, and have the auto sync option(on your phone), and it will update.

LeeCory

Lee Stockwell said:
Just got an Iphone 4. Will take me a year to learn its quirks.

Hi Lee,

If you "just" got the Iphone you still have the chance to return it and switch to Verizon to get a better phone and service.... :)

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
LeeCory said:
Lee Stockwell said:
Just got an Iphone 4. Will take me a year to learn its quirks.

Hi Lee,

If you "just" got the Iphone you still have the chance to return it and switch to Verizon to get a better phone and service.... :)

hahhaha

though i am a sprint man....

but i-phone is sooooo over rated..and at&t blows

Name
Lee Stockwell
I've had both AT&T and Verizon in this area, and AT&T has better coverage here. It just depends on the towers in your specific area. Nextel and Sprint have NO coverage here, which infuriates one of my sons who is a Nextel diehard.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom