smell of the dog

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Gonna clean an empty that smells pretty bad of wet dog, worst one I have smelled. Just about everything else has been done in the house, painted, duct cleaned, sprayed for fleas, etc.

Will vacuum the crap out of it then shampoo in some bacout and let it sit for a couple of days then RX rinse it well as normal.

would you do anything different to it, maybe shampoo in some CTI odor eliminator instead of the bacout

I don't like to leave behind heavy perfume smells

house has some olefin in some rooms and stainmaster in others

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
steve frasier said:
Will vacuum the crap out of it then shampoo in some bacout and let it sit for a couple of days then RX rinse it well as normal.

would you do anything different to it, maybe shampoo in some CTI odor eliminator instead of the bacout

do you have a turbo vac?
If not...
are you able to put the TM hose on your vac to exhaust outside?
With many vacs, it's easy to do, some take more "McGivering" to accomplish that.
It doesn't have to be a tight hose fit, cause your TM has more than enough over capacity to compensate .

are you sure it's just dog dander/oil smell ?

I've been fooled a couple times .
I thought "for sure" it was just dog smell and not urine.
A follow-up visit after a "thorough" vac and flush/rinse extract revealed there was still some "dog" odor.
I pulled the carpet back, then found it was indeed a urine contamination problem ...it never really smelled like doggie pee.

don't know anything about Backout, but regardless what you use, think I'd give it another thorough vac when you return for the RX cleaning .
Degreasers will work on the dog oils.. enzyme protein eater pre-sprays too, I think

I've had good success with Hydromaster's Multi-Phase for dog odor too.

..L.T.A.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
As Larry comments, be sure of what you are delaing with -doggy odor or urine contamination.

For doggy odor add 2 to 4 ounces of Hydrocide to each gallon of ready to use prespray.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
got to thinking about it, if wet dog smell it is gonna be more of a body oil issue but will do a urine light to it first

ended up getting some deliminate from the local interlink store for it, will add a cup of it to the prespray and see what happens

Multi Phase is great.

can't stand the smell of multiphase, would rather leave behind a better smell or no smell at all

do you have a turbo vac?

yes I have one from my backpack vacuums but think the vortex would spin it so fast it might get hot and melt

Rule number one is locate source. Source might be in the pad. Depending on the size of the area, it might be cheaper to replace pad. Give me a call if you need help.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
steve frasier said:
yes I have one from my backpack vacuums but think the vortex would spin it so fast it might get hot and melt

I don't know what upright vac you use Steve, but see if you can slip a 1.5" cuff over the vac tube.
(At the spot where the attachment hose disconnects)

if a 1.5 cuff will slip over that tube, use a 1.5" whip hose .
You'll not only get WAY more suck and airflow to remove the dog dander, but the added benefit of exhausting it outside of the home.

The connection doesn't have to be a tight fit, cause as i mentioned, any TM will have more than enough over capacity ...and especially yours.
matter of fact, you don't want a "tight" seal on the vac, as it can cause the vac head to suck down hard on the carpet and stall the roll brush

Multi-Phase...yea, i don't care for the smell either, but it works well on dog odor .
and it has a little tEa trEe oil in it....don't those grEen frEaks out there like that stuff?....... :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

Ryan

Another way to fix the exhaust problem is to use a hyla or rainbow style water filtration vacuum.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I don't know what upright vac you use Steve

I have a commercial dust cup sanitaire ,hepa filtered backpacks, dust cup hoover, venting it to the outside isn't an issue, will just open up the whole house. It is gonna be empty for awhile.

Rule number one is locate source. Source might be in the pad. Depending on the size of the area, it might be cheaper to replace pad. Give me a call if you need help.

I am fine and know what I am doing just wanted a few different opinion.

It is my brothers rental and the renters destroyed it. He really doesn't want to replace the carpet, he is building a mini mansion on the side of the hill, it can be cleaned just fine.

His wife's brother owns some 2 truck company and cleaned it already I guess, they did a poor job and just made the situation worse. Will take some pictures. I went and did a urine inspection and sprayed it for fleas, will clean it in a couple of days
Brother lives a little ways away from me, will take about a 1/2 tank of gas in the Vortex just to drive back and forth and clean it.

Thanks guys

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom