smelly carpet

glenboy

Name
GLEN
cleaned my own carpet and for the second time it dried with the smell of staleness or dirty socks....i cleaned it about a month ago and it did the same thing all i did was pre treat with power burst and wand with dry slurry,,ext well and put a blower onto dry...anyone else have this problem

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
Do you have kids that spill food or milk ? a smelly dog? or spill a lot of beer in the carpet?
use enzall as your prespray or try quat a lot with dd-12 w/dwell time first then rinse and dry.
Luis

ascrubabove

Is it old carpet (someone lived on it before you)? If so they may not have vacuumed as often as they should have (no-one does) and there is a build up of dust and fine dirt in and under the backing, if you over wet the carpet, you will get the smell you described. With the fan drying you would not likely get the normal wick back issues associated with said dirt/dust

Rex Tyus

Chances are at some point the carpet was wet and dried improperly. Try adding some Judsons quatalot or a QGC type product to ur rinse. If your not comfortable with putting it in the rinse do as suggested and put in preconditioner and give good dwell time. If the dirt or fine dust is the culprit the same remedy will work.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
carpet is 6 yrs old....my kids are not allowed to have any food or drink in liv room and we are the only owners of the home and my wife is a cleanfreak and im flippin confused,

Rex Tyus

glenboy said:
carpet is 6 yrs old....my kids are not allowed to have any food or drink in liv room and we are the only owners of the home and my wife is a cleanfreak and im flippin confused,

wool carpet? it stinks no matter what. If no water intrusion and not wool I am at a loss. The carpet in my apartment stank the first time i cleaned it but I was SOOO not the first to walk on it so I understood the need to rinse with microban. I am flippin confused with you on your situation. Glade plug ins is what I would recommend shiteatinggrin

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Wouldn't be surprised if it was wool... or the first owners had phi phi the dog doing the stanky leg un announced and never replaced the pad.

G

Gnu

I think you suck at carpet cleaning. reminds me of those guys who offer $10 bucks a room. in and out in under 20 minutes. High water flow, Plain water rinse, Dish soap for a prespray. man your repeat customers must hate you if you have any left. I thank God in my case I had a guy like Als carpet cleaning to fix what Full "stink" Ahead did to my carpets. Smelt like azz and foot fungus.

Hey I am poking fun lol use alot less water, jet down to a smaller jet and please stop using power burst. That stuff is a fart in a jug. ever noticed how it stinks up the van after sitting for the weekend? yup.

Use milgo and 1 oz of citrasolve per 2 gallon mix of milgo as a prespray. and Clean Rinse. let the milgo set for about 20 minutes. If your using over 400 psi in your line? you are litterally power washing dirt to the bottom of the backing material. Yup even at the custys home. Thats not a good thing at all.
I get about two to three calls a week because of this issue. and make sure you make dry passes.

Just remember your not washing a car. your washing a sponge and if the chems you have bben using build up into the padding it will prematurely fail and become worn thin very very soon.

Much love man remember low pressure, smaller jets = a good stink free cleaning. and use powerburst for restaurants

glenboy

Name
GLEN
no i dont suck at carpet cleaning and i do get 35.00 per room and all but my website customers are repeat and referral and i do dry passes on every job

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom