Snow, Chavez, Great Oz, and other multi-truckers

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Yes Crowley I assumed that, I'm hoping the shed a little light on whether its old fashioned paper and pencil, or computer based or a spreadsheet, ect.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
How many of you have an inventory system for chemicals, equipment, and rugs ?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by inventory system Steven but will try to answer.

Everything we buy is loaded into our accounting software, with quickly consumed items being expensed the month they are purchased and large purchases like 3M Scotchgard, Vans, Machinery etc. either being loaded in as a pre-paid expense (then expensed over the est life) or as an asset (vehicles/equip) and depreciated according to GAAP.

Rugs brought to us or picked up for cleaning are entered into our order entry system and tagged with a bar code allowing us to track it from anywhere in the world. Every rug movement is scanned. Rugs are not considered inventory in our cleaning operation, but rather as items that are Work In Progress. In our retail business all rugs are entered into the inventory module and then released from inventory when sold.

Ken

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Ken Snow said:
http://www.SFS.JonDon.com[/url]

PS With only four TM's we were nowhere near as sophisticated as Ken, Steven. However, since we were at least three days out on any re-order the key thing for us was to not let chemical and supply levels get too low. We set up a manual system where every chemical was on a labeled shelf with the name of the chemical, the re-order level and the amount to re-order. So for example our give-away spotter area read: Spot-Out- re-order level 48/ re-order quantity 288. Then we painted the area red on the shelf where 48 bottles would fit and when the quantity "went into the red" the tech was SUPPOSED to tell the office. (The Operations Manager would also make a visual scan once per week.)

leesenter

We have a spreadsheet inventory system for chemicals and materials. Its all monitored by one person for all three of our companies. The product is counted daily and there is a preset reorder point on the spreadsheet that tells Norman when to order.
The equipment is counted daily and is monitored by Norman and the locations of the equipment confirmed daily against active work orders.
The rugs are tagged and tracked through the accounts receiveables since the customers pay for the rugs upon delivery.
I may actually have a base template for inventory if I looked hard enough.
It was created by a college intern who was assigned to my company.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We out of our league with Snow and Oz, we sent out 2-4 carpet crews a day, we're not really big carpet cleaners. 84.3% of our sales this year are
in restoration.

Spread sheet for equipment, old schools for chems and rugs.

Our distributor is 10-minutes away so we purposely don't stock more than a case of most chems. We will stock a little more of the encap chems and pads just because those need to be ordered.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Mikey P said:
I thought this would be a request for a job application.
that was jus plain mean of you Mikey!

although the boy DOES need a job!
i suppose i COULD lease him a machine
and teach him about....the Bane border and......

little ol' black ladies.........

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Everyone has to have some sort of inventory system, but it doesn't have to be complex. In fact Boeing scrapped their real-time, scanner-based parts ordering and replaced it with "When the bins gets to this line, order more."

Our rugs are tracked and stored by work order number via a computerized system, paperwork storage is too cumbersome at high volume.

Other inventory like chemicals or carpet repair materials are ordered using a paper form. They're set up so that ordering can quickly be done by looking at what's in stock. Supplies are ordered at different stock points depending on the lead time needed to get replacement products and a general idea of how much of the product we use in the time between order and arrival. Just like a grocery store, more shelf space is allotted to the big sellers.

Like Richard, we'd prefer to buy locally and let the supplier carry the inventory.

Mr. 007

Name
Curtis
bob vawter said:

you FXcker u signed a contract :lol: blowme oh ya once again that last sign says BLOW ME! lol

Mr. 007

Name
Curtis
bob vawter said:
for someone that sleeps ASS-UP curled around a toilet.......
you got no room to talk!!!!

more proof you bite the pillow, watching me while I slept :shock: you dirty old man......... I like it.

sooner or later you'll figure out I don't get in-bare-assed Follow me down the hole Bawb

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
naw....i jus flipped up the lid an' took a longer pee over you......
that WASN'T mousse in yor hair young man...............LOL!

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Mr. 007 said:
[quote="bob vawter":2j9ta5sx]

you FXcker u signed a contract :lol: blowme oh ya once again that last sign says BLOW ME! lol[/quote:2j9ta5sx]

You can shove that "contract" up ur ass. I didn't sign it..... :twisted:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Hoodlie..Ponticrack is wide open....CRASH is going for Mrs Phifft in the burbs......little does he know that Mrs Phiffts husband jus got laid off and the only steady incomes ARE in the ghetto.....
'cides...little Mrs Black lady cleans her house three...four and sometimes SIX times a year!

Mr. 007

Name
Curtis
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
You can shove that "contract" up ur ass. I didn't sign it..... :twisted:

u didn't sign a contract just like you didn't see those nails in your tires before you pulled into a house in my HOOD Homey! :lol:

u better watch it snow! lol JK Kennys trucks R safe........... Not you Hoodledink! maybe if you pay me a special tax. !gotcha!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom