Snow...

Chris A

Name
Chris
It'l be here by the end of the day, only have the morning booked though.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Four days without electricity, two of those supplemented with a generator to keep the place at 45.

My oldest is stranded at a friends house on the other side of Pittsburgh and has somehow worn out her welcome there, so I got to dig her out or evacuate her from that place tonight as the next foot of snow hits here.

I know many have it worse now, so I have little I should complain about. Its given me a great deal of empathy for those who go weeks without power, like Lee Stockwell did, or others in such situations.

There is much we take for granted in this life.

I don't think I like snow as much as I used to anymore.... :lol:

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Jeff Cross and myself are in the St. Petersburg Jon Don complaining tht it is only in the 60's. Jeff is supposed to be flying back to Ohio tonight. He may decide to stay a little longer.

Next week Dallas for SFS and Nashville for MF.

I just consider this good planning.

Of course not as good as the Island Boy in his tropical paradise.

F

FB7777

billyeadon said:
Jeff Cross and myself are in the St. Petersburg Jon Don complaining tht it is only in the 60's. Jeff is supposed to be flying back to Ohio tonight. He may decide to stay a little longer.

Next week Dallas for SFS and Nashville for MF.

I just consider this good planning.

Of course not as good as the Island Boy in his tropical paradise.

60's huh?

how'd the Colts do Sunday?

your team cost me a hundred bucks :mrgreen:

CanYouHemiNow

Jim Pemberton said:
Four days without electricity, two of those supplemented with a generator to keep the place at 45.

My oldest is stranded at a friends house on the other side of Pittsburgh and has somehow worn out her welcome there, so I got to dig her out or evacuate her from that place tonight as the next foot of snow hits here.

I know many have it worse now, so I have little I should complain about. Its given me a great deal of empathy for those who go weeks without power, like Lee Stockwell did, or others in such situations.

There is much we take for granted in this life.

I don't think I like snow as much as I used to anymore.... :lol:
Hey Jim, we still have some room left for you down here in Texas. Snows so rarely it's a joy when it does. The economy in DFW is booming. Housing is still cheap. And we added more jobs last year than the rest of the country COMBINED. And did I mention, no state income tax? Of course I will expect a little something for giving you the heads up... I'm thinking a half gallon of Citrus-Solv should cover it. :p

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Thanks for the offer Tommy!

I've been to Texas in the summer; I think I'll take the trade off up here.

If I were to retire there, the mountains in Pecos County would be more to my liking.

CanYouHemiNow

Jim Pemberton said:
Thanks for the offer Tommy!

I've been to Texas in the summer; I think I'll take the trade off up here.

If I were to retire there, the mountains in Pecos County would be more to my liking.
Well, I hope that the thought of 110 degrees in the shade makes your blizzard a little more bearable. :lol:

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
CanYouHemiNow said:
Hey Jim, we still have some room left for you down here in Texas. Snows so rarely it's a joy when it does. The economy in DFW is booming. Housing is still cheap. And we added more jobs last year than the rest of the country COMBINED. And did I mention, no state income tax? Of course I will expect a little something for giving you the heads up... I'm thinking a half gallon of Citrus-Solv should cover it. :p

I'm putting my oldest boy on a plane to come "visit" you. Please set him up there, cause his best prospect here is to find a generous cougar who isn't into looks.

Take care,
Lisa

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Sigh...he's about burned all his bridges here. He told me yesterday he wants to move to Austin, TX...because studies say it's the best place to get back on your feet after being homeless...

:cry:

He's brilliantly intelligent and profoundly unmotivated.

Take care,
Lisa

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I should have put a smiley face after my comment Lisa!

Sorry.

Why my father didn't poison my food or have some locals drop me off of a bridge with weights on my ankles when I was Tanner's age I'll never know.

Here's an example I don't mind sharing with the crowd.

When I was 20 my father asked me to come to the part of the restoration division's warehouse where all of the contents were cleaned. He showed beautiful set of furniture, everything from dining to living room to bedroom stuff. It had belonged to a call girl who drank herself to death and decayed till the neighboring tenants complained about the smell.

We cleaned it all up, and it was left unclaimed and finally given to us for disposal.

He said: "Jim, you can have all of this for your apartment".
I said: "What apartment?"
He said: "The one you'll be moving into before end of next month!"

That's how I found out it was time to go. It was more generous that the 20.00 bill his stepfather gave him at 18.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I got a check for $0.00 that had "welcome to the real world" in the memo line for my 18th birthday... Of course I had already been on my own for the most part since I was about 15... Oddly enough, the older I get the smarter my mom seems in retrospect... Looking back I was a real pain in the ass (on my good days). LOL

Anyway, another few inches & some freezing rain predicted for tonight. Stay warm Jim!

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Jeremy said:
I got a check for $0.00 that had "welcome to the real world" in the memo line for my 18th birthday... Of course I had already been on my own for the most part since I was about 15... Oddly enough, the older I get the smarter my mom seems in retrospect... Looking back I was a real pain in the ass (on my good days). LOL

Anyway, another few inches & some freezing rain predicted for tonight. Stay warm Jim!

I didn't have to leave at 18....I went straight into the AF, after establishing senority at the local GM plant.

Snow started here about 2 hours ago....it's about 3 now. Tommorrow this time, we will have another 8-12 inches on the ground. Cleanings on hold for a few days.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I was happy to have each of my kids live at home until they got married, except one. He moved to Brooklyn NY into a good situation. My daughter took the longest, she was 23.

I miss those days so much.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My son is 20 and can't imagine him on his own.....he would never make it. He is a hard worker and will work long hours doing undesirable work and never complains.

He owns his own pickup and has a healthy savings account but we sheltered him too much I couldn't see him surviving on his own. He is going to need a wife before he moves out.

They just don't make them like they use too. :wink:

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Doc Holliday said:

Who's fault is that? LOL

Seriousy, though a parents main job is to train a functioning, indepedent adult capable of training functioning independent adults... It's how the species survives.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i was 21 when i went out....thought about it sooner...but parents rules werent bad enough to make me want to leave...so i stayed till i got married....

now its almost 15 yrs(in april) and was glad i waited....i may have dicked off most of my life ifn i didnt wait

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I ran off at 17. Never went back. I'd have lived a prostitute on the street before I ever went back.

(no I was never a prostitute, and yes, I'd tell ya if I had been)

It wasn't as bad at home for me as for many of you, I just wanted my independence....from the time I was little I planned to be free, and as soon as I had the opportunity - I left.

Take care,
Lisa

harryhides

Name
Tony
Doc Holliday said:
My son is 20 and can't imagine him on his own.....he would never make it. He is a hard worker and will work long hours doing undesirable work and never complains.

He owns his own pickup and has a healthy savings account but we sheltered him too much I couldn't see him surviving on his own. He is going to need a wife before he moves out.

And what makes you think the girls are any better these days, he'll be lucky if she knows how to boil water.
Taco Bell here we come,

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i just left my parents house this past YEAR. i had seen my brothers go out, leave and try to do there own thing with there lives, and it did not seem interesting to me. so i did stuff kind of backwards. and up to know i think it is working out better this way.

no snow here but kind od cold i think it is 29 and for texas that is cold.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
My best friend is 50 and still lives with his parents. He's a cross between Jason Alexander's character on Seinfeld and Matthew McConaughy's character Failure to Launch.

I asked him for years why he doesn't move out on his own and he simply answered:

"Why?"

He's waiting for his parents to die and leave him the place.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i dont know exactly how this happend but we have a whole two inches of fresh powder on the ground right now. it looks like we will have massive traffic delays. :mrgreen:

iPhoneUpload-10.jpg

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I moved out of my parents house when I was 20 years old. The week after I graduated from high school, my dad told me I would be paying $75.00 a month (room and board). I worked for him at the time, so he just withheld it from my check. I was making $2.10 an hour, if you can do the math, he was getting a week free every month. It didn't take long for me to figure out I could get married and buy a house for $197.50 a month w/taxes. I would say he gave me a gentle push out the door. :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom