So Christmas parties are happening , what bonus do you give?

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
It's that time of year again. We give out bonuses year round for different things but just curious, what do you guys give your techs as a christmas bonus? What do you give your office staff as a christmas bonus? Do you increase it each year or leave it the same?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
What bonus...??? They should pay in appreciation that they have an opportunity to work with us! Now...get back in that stinkin' washpit and flip over that 15x12 Chinese 90 line that was 184lb before it got wet....

Bonus....pfff...please...:arrrr::twisted::twisted::twisted:

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Lawrence

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
I give a cash bonus to my office staff and my lead tech/shop manager. My techs are on a bonus system that runs all year. It's starts December 1st with $500 in the bonus bank. Then weekly we track things like call backs, dress code, attendance, paper work and van check off lists. They get dinged for things they don't do or complete and depending on the offense a dollar amount is subtracted from the $500. Whatever is left the following Dec. 1st is their Christmas bonus

Reactions: cobra

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I pay about $800 to each employee. I really should have a written policy on this and make it merit based on their Stats...

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I gave my guy $500 cash and told him to use the gas card to fill his truck.

Bjorn

two weeks paid vacation to Hawaii all expenses paid hotel room service surf board rentals spa massage first class air fare limousine pick up to and from air port all meals everything except booze that they have to pay for themselves

almost forgot 5 thousand dollars cash spending money

Name
Lee Stockwell
two weeks paid vacation to Hawaii all expenses paid hotel room service surf board rentals spa massage first class air fare limousine pick up to and from air port all meals everything except booze that they have to pay for themselves

No takers.

Nobody wants to clean with a portable.

:-) (in one of those moods)

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
...told him to use the gas card to fill his truck.
He is doing that every week without even asking you, Adam!

Steve

PS So a question, Dave. Do they also have a way to add to this bonus such as selling "additional services", making more Cheerleaders, selling commercial accounts, etc or do they just see it get whittled down over the eleven months? (I like the Employee Efficiency Bonus concept but feel it should also have the potential to be a positive thing.)
My techs are on a bonus system that runs all year. It's starts December 1st with $500 in the bonus bank. Then weekly we track things like call backs, dress code, attendance, paper work and van check off lists. They get dinged for things they don't do or complete and depending on the offense a dollar amount is subtracted from the $500. Whatever is left the following Dec. 1st is their Christmas bonus

Name
Nate W.

We give a round trip ticket to Hawaii, all expenses paid.... But these som-bitches ungrateful..... 2g's is always appreciated.... :rockon:

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
When I had employees I would give them a card every year, inside it said two words "Your Welcome".
Found out later they hated my guts. Now I work alone.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Yes Steve there is an incentive also. Each job has a minimum of $50 upsell assigned to it. Anything over the $50 20% is added to the pot. This is in addition to their regular upsell bonus of 20% of any upsell.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Yes Steve there is an incentive also. Each job has a minimum of $50 upsell assigned to it. Anything over the $50 20% is added to the pot. This is in addition to their regular upsell bonus of 20% of any upsell.
Can I come and work for you, Dave? :)

Steve

PS Nice to see you have (more or less) mastered the "employee hiring/motivating" equation!

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
We bonus based on time with company and contibution.

If you are a A player every day you get more. Just do the minimum you get baseline.

Below average performance can go without.

Bonusing happens because the team wins, it is not a employee right or guaranteed.

We have to meet our expectation as a corporation for it to happen!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom