So do you really need a RX-20?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Yes, but you can do it faster with an RX-20. It's also a selling point. I think it leaves carpet wetter, but my RX is all tweaked.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I've RX'd every hwe job for the past 4+ years. Been thinking about getting a Greenhorn because it might be faster, especially with a helper to prescrub. But I don't know whether the tendonitis in both arms can handle a wand all day.

In my experience, a single RX isn't efficient for a two-man team because one has nothing to do much of the time while the other is RXing.

My bud's rig was down for a couple weeks, so we doubled up on mine. I scrubbed, he wanded. Big dude, a (glideless) wanding machine. We did more than twice the number of jobs I do by myself with the RX.

The RX does the best job of anything I've used, but the same results can probably be achieved with a mechanical prescrub and a good wand.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mountain View Carpet Care said:
Can't you get the same results with a 175 and a good high flow wand?

"same results"???

you get BETTER results with a roto scrub and extract compared to RX alone..period
(doesn't have to be a hi-flow wand either)
a plain ole 1.5" tubed "regular" wand will do it behind an agressive roto scrub

..L.T.A.

LeeCory

I purchased one brand new and sold it brand new for a loss on ebay.

Nothing against those that use them regularly, but I found that in residential carpet cleaning there is never a need for one. I use a glided Ti wand with good flow.

However if you really want one.... satisfy the urge.

But you will take a beating on Ebay...

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I have both and love both. I use the RX a lot especially on Polyester type carpets and most deep style carpets. It tends to get the "pilling" look out of the carpet especially on the polyester plush carpets. The Greenhorn is very impressive also. Everything I have is tweaked out with Green Glides stuff. I still love how the RX can dig out things quickly. I scrub wand a lot of berber's and low profiles, but also like the RX on a lot of commercial jobs.

Mark Saiger
Saiger's Steam Clean

John Watson

We required our crews to use the RX or Roto Vac from 83 till 2004 when I put Lips on my wand, With the better chemisty of our cleaning agents I rarely needed to bring the 175 in for extra aggitation. Today we use a greenhorn wand and have a small rotary scrubber if needed[/

Haven't use any of our 3 RX's or roto vac's in years. color]

R

R W

I don't carry or use a 175, but I do use the RX on the really trashed jobs....like rentals. I don't mean jobs trashed with dry soil, but the ones with mucho TL's and drink spills....AKA rentals.

I do pull out the ProCaps unit when needed on a soiled wanding job.

Moser Bros.

I use a Cimex with Element 8, then flush with my Ti with a Green glide. I sold my RX-20 and my rotary Dri-Master.

Since using soap-free cleaner, I haven't had any re-services for carpet cleaning, just the one for grout today, and I do follow up calls 2 day after my jobs.

p.s. I sold the RX cause I couldn't stand the swirl marks that I couldn't rake out, the cleaner I sold it to swears by them, but his company cleans aptments for .18 cent a foot, and they use a push broom to get the swirl marks out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom