So freaking pissed right now

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
So last year i stupidly signed up for a service called demandforce.com $299 per month for them to send emails with surveys and asking for reviews and then to auto send reminder emails at 6 month intervals. I have no idea what was in my head to make me think this was worth that kind of money but i signed a 1 year contract. For months I've been looking forward to that contract ending and canceling to save that $300 dollars per month. i just knew the contract was up in April and at the end of the contract it would go to month to month. After they called me today to let me know my credit card on file expired it reminded me to look up the proper procedure to cancel and get that done. That's when I found out that if you don't cancel at least 30 days before the end of your contract it Auto fu@#!$@# renews for another 12 months.

Man I hate to give them another $3600 this year, i may just not get them an updated credit card and let them sue me.

It sucks here in Florida if a contract auto renews the company is required to remind you between 30-60 days prior that it will autp renew and tell you how to get out of it but from what i can tell because demandforce.com is based in california, California law applies and they have no such requirement.

Oh well thanks for letting me vent.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
So last year i stupidly signed up for a service called demandforce.com $299 per month for them to send emails with surveys and asking for reviews and then to auto send reminder emails at 6 month intervals. I have no idea what was in my head to make me think this was worth that kind of money but i signed a 1 year contract. For months I've been looking forward to that contract ending and canceling to save that $300 dollars per month. i just knew the contract was up in April and at the end of the contract it would go to month to month. After they called me today to let me know my credit card on file expired it reminded me to look up the proper procedure to cancel and get that done. That's when I found out that if you don't cancel at least 30 days before the end of your contract it Auto fu@#!$@# renews for another 12 months.

Man I hate to give them another $3600 this year, i may just not get them an updated credit card and let them sue me.

It sucks here in Florida if a contract auto renews the company is required to remind you between 30-60 days prior that it will autp renew and tell you how to get out of it but from what i can tell because demandforce.com is based in california, California law applies and they have no such requirement.

Oh well thanks for letting me vent.

Don't give them the updated card info. They won't sue.

Take care,
Lisa

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Cancel the credit card, and get a new one. Some companies are afforded the ability to charge using expired card date, if no other information on the account has changed and the account number is still active with a new expiration.. I found this out first hand.

Last edited:
Reactions: GCCLee

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
So did their service deliver anything of value?

Service Monster FMS is way cheaper, but you probably already know that now.

I already use service monster and fill my schedule. What i really hoped to gain from it was referrals. The email it sent asking for the review had a write up about my referral program and a link they could email to their friends/family. In a year i had three people actually use that link to send my info. I had a handful schedule off the 6 month reminder and that's it as far as tangible benefits. The only real thing i got from it was 53 Five star reviews that nobody ever sees.

Mike Draper

It's just part of life. We all get burned at least once. It sucks, but I'd tell the company to go to hell if they harass you. The 12 month auto renew is easy to get out of. An attorney would write a letter for 150 and u can be done with it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom