so how to handle this "worker issues"

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
have a part time/part time(he only works part time get it??) worker, and havent used him in quiet a while...Work been slow and "other" expenses....been using my dad to help on jobs(we swap helping each other so its "free" if you will....Also been using an old employee who swaps time for me and i clean his carpets free, or his sisters or his car etc. you get the point...using every other means of help to help get me outa my funk...

so he calls today and leaves a few choice messages, hes pretty bugged...but i told him before i would call when i needed him and that work has been slow and/or small enough jobs i been doing them myself instead of being lazy and taking a worker...

soooo what to do???? argue it with him...tell him to piss off with that attitude...or what??

i do have about 4-6 jobs in the next 2 weeks i could use him on...

Rex Tyus

Doug I am spoiled. My 18 year old is my primary assistant now. My best friend of 20 years is also there for me if I need him (he is a teacher and will take off work pretty much anytime). It is hard to offer advice without knowing the dudes personality, however the tell him to piss off comment is pretty close to what I would recommend for ANYONE that left an unprofessional MESSAGE concerning business.

minuteman

The best advice is to work him like a dog! And why not, your trying to build a business and he wants to work ,...RIGHT! You have jobs lined up so put together a flyer if you will, that states You are cleaning a "whatever" in the area on such and such a day and if you would like an estimate please call, and bla, bla, bla,...send him out a day or two befor for two blocks in every direction of the job and you will have so much work you will be looking for new help real soon just to handel it all.

Greg

G

While its slow he should be out getting business for you. Offer to pay him a finders fee plus he gets paid for work being done. Finders fee shouldnt be paid till after the work is paid for. Added incentive for him to make sure they pay within the required time or on delivery of said cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom