So, I get this call ...

hogjowl

Idiot™
My son and I are at my Dad's house. We took a day off to go up to his place to plant his garden and place a couple of raised bed vegetable boxes I made for him. I'm out in the garden all hot, tired and missing my afternoon nap when my phone rings.

I answer it and this lady says " hi, this is so an so and you cleaned my carpets a month ago and ..." In my mind I'm thinking to myself, this is NOT the time for a reservice call! I am not in the mood! However, that's not what it was!

I could not believe what she said next. She said "you and your son were so nice and did such good work, but what really made me call you was your thank you card I got a few days later."

Huh? Seriously?

I didn't know what to say.

Are thank you cards that rare?

Name
Bruce
I would say they are rare, I've had contractors , electricians, plumbers and my heating guy out to place to do work and never received a thank you card. I still agree with what Richard said after "Not that rare" .

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Because of the ease of emailing, fewer people take the time to write and mail anything

A thank you card is very rare and a nice touch Marty

Reactions: GCCLee
F

FB7777

Everybody gets ones after a cleaning here, guaranteed customer next time , and referrals to boot

You can give $300 / month to Howie or you can do some obvious , yet extraordinary things in your business tht completely set you apart from the average take it and run schmuck in this racket

Reactions: Shane Deubell

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Its extremely rare, just like wearing a uniform, shaving, taking a shower, having some presentation material you didnt print off your computer, not choking down a pack of smokes on your way to a job.

You dont need anything special, office depot will do just fine.
The act is more important then how pretty it is.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
NOW you'll havta send her a thank you card for her taking the time to call an' thank you.....................

Reactions: Connor

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I didn't have to write them. SM DID THEM FOR ME!

That's funny. I actually had a customer tell me that when he saw the thank you card he was so impressed and than he saw the post mark from Washington and realized it wasn't "personal" after all. He actually told me unless I start hand writing them myself to take him off my mailing list. For a second I thought I was going to lose him over it but I've been back a couple of times since.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
That's funny. I actually had a customer tell me that when he saw the thank you card he was so impressed and than he saw the post mark from Washington and realized it wasn't "personal" after all. He actually told me unless I start hand writing them myself to take him off my mailing list. For a second I thought I was going to lose him over it but I've been back a couple of times since.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Damn Good Comment right there!

Imagine that. Tells me that Clients actually pay attention. Wow!

Thanks for Sharing this.

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
I was thinking of not using the SM Thank you cards for the same reason Joey mentioned but its so darn easy to just check a box in Sm every week and be done with it. I do get lots of thank you cards from contractors and people I meet at events and so on but 99% of them are Send out Cards generated (same idea as SM) I'm not impressed so that's why I may switch and make it more personal

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom