So I tested a Titian out on a job.

Things I noticed comparing to my Max Flow Boxxer 421. The heat stays more consitant and a tad hotter. Suction was about the same. Nice machine but I think way over kill for a single hose residentail application.

Name
George Valliant
This just confirms what I've always thought. The Titan is way overated. With claims of 850 cfm it should be able to suck start a jet engine.

I'll take a GD5m blower over whatever's in the Titan any time.

Btw, anybody know what blower the Titan uses? I want to make sure my next TM doesn't use the same one.

R

R W

Mountain View Carpet Care said:
Things I noticed comparing to my Max Flow Boxxer 421. The heat stays more consitant and a tad hotter. Suction was about the same. Nice machine but I think way over kill for a single hose residentail application.

It's nice to have all that power at your ready, but for smaller residential jobs....you turn down the RPM's. That what I like about the Genesis 59.
For upholstery, I crank it down even more......1800 rpm's.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Its a tuthill 5009, and you won't realize the potential of that machine unless you are cleaning with hose runs over 600 feet of 2.5 or dual wanding.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
they had on the truck at jondons cad and all the machine were on the demo truck all running the same hose lengths and i didnt notice any difference in performance between the 427 and the titan.

Name
Kevin McCreary
If you could not see the difference in vacuum it was because they had it running on low

speed. I use one every day and can tell you when you have it in dual speed, 2 wands,

100ft or more hose, is when you can really tell the difference in vacuum. Even only using

2 inch hose. I have a hospital account I do where we run 300x2 with 2 inch all the way to the wand

and it would seem like you have two separate machines in the parking lot. The job takes 5 hours and

where we started is BONE DRY when we leave, with no fans. .09 flow x 2 @ 550 psi.

I would surely have more vacuum and heat with 1 Titan than if I had my two old 2002 Butlers 5.8 running

single wand on the same job in mach 2 speed.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
The Titan isn't designed for cleaners who single wand 150 ft max in residential situations. It was designed for the large jobs like Kevin is using it on, dual runs of over 300 ft and things of that nature.

Greenie

round and round we go....

I'm not sure where to start...but might as well start with:

your wand doesn't know what is making the 300 cfm and 14"hg behind it.....so....assuming all machines are set at the exact same pop off point (14"hg) and all machines in the mix are TRUELY capably of generating 300 cfm (or damn close)...then WHY would you see ANY difference in vacuum on ANY hose run?

I use 300 cfm in my example because you are not likely getting any more than that through your 2" hose.

The answer is you wouldn't.

And if you did, it would mean only one thing, there is a shortcoming somewhere, something is slipping, leaking or slowing down under load.

There is nothign wrong with the Titan or any machine running a 51hp engine and 5009 blower, you just can't use that additional potential on one wand.

Now I return you to your regular programing of my penis is bigger than yours.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
was it Linton's machine or the used one at the supplier

There a difference?[/quote]

probably not but just trying to create some conversation with my neighbor from the north :?

looks like enough said i guess

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom