So I thought I would set up the new computer yesterday

Credits
Name
Mark Saiger
My current computer is starting to struggle for the office...

Bought a larger and new one....it arrived couple days ago.

I started to clean up the current one and transfer files to external hard drives and dropbox....

Got it all pretty close on the transfer and clean up and back up...

Open the box....not really sure there should be so much glass falling out of the box :eekk::hopeless::madder:

It didn't look damaged on the boxes but it had to have been tossed....the glass was from a cover on the side of the computer...and the internals were also all falling out!
I even paid extra for it to be shipped earlier...

Now new replacement will be here around the 18th :(

And....also waiting for a new transmission from GM for the new Butler "Christine" off the line....:(

Major updates....and a recall I have heard might be coming too.... :errf:

and today....day of crazy and large jobs...will be done around 1 am....:yawn:

Credits
Name
Ron Marriott

I started to clean up the current one and transfer files to external hard drives and dropbox....

Open the box....not really sure there should be so much glass falling out of the box :eekk::hopeless::madder:

It didn't look damaged on the boxes but it had to have been tossed....the glass was from a cover on the side of the computer...and the internals were also all falling out!

And....also waiting for a new transmission from GM for the new Butler "Christine" off the line....:(

Major updates....and a recall I have heard might be coming too.... :errf:

and today....day of crazy and large jobs...will be done around 1 am....:yawn:
So, your computer crashed and broke. Christines transmission?

Credits
Name
Bill Cheryl

What ya get?

Credits
Name
Mark Saiger
Nothing yet....since they haven't shipped it and it is sitting in a Warehouse in California...

But boy, did I lay into them the other night....they were blowing smoke up my a$$ about it not being ready...blah....blah...blah....

then suddenly....I get a notice about 5 minutes after hanging up the phone with them and telling them I am going to refuse it and purchase a new one from someone else....oh surprise...it suddenly left the warehouse....

This is what it ordered...

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypo...-3tb-hard-drive-black/5926702.p?skuId=5926702

Credits
Name
Mark Saiger
Well....One Month Later!

I finally have a new computer!

What a nightmare...

First unit....arrives Smashed.

Customer service has them order a replacement.

2 weeks later (and few calls) the replacement sitting in a warehouse yet with a Tracking number and not shipping!:madder::hopeless:

Call customer service....AGAIN!

Get some guy blowing smoke up my A$$ on the other end of the line....told them I am just going to refuse the new one and order a 2 day from another place....

Guy tells me I won't get a refund....WRONG COMMENT A-HOLE....

Requested manager....got more smoke blowing up A$$....now really pissed!

When I was done with them and they finally did look up the order....5 minutes later...the thing was on a truck....hmmm....

It finally arrives Monday....open up to set up....Hard Drive not recognized....open up the side to a mess of tangled and lose wires and connectors.

Brother in law is a Computer Tech for our School ...pics sent...find the Hard Drive wire...plug in and we are working....

Put side panels back on and a mess again....

Drive 1.5 hours to Best Buy in Duluth MN...they say...can't do anything...should replace....

Told them I think I am done...as it will be another 3 weeks....

Thankfully had the busted computer yet with me....GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK! :madder::madder::madder::madder:

Brother in Law on the phone with me while in parking lot of Best Buy....we go to Amazon and pull up new one....2016 Gamer Computer of the year with some ratings...

Place order...and actually get it in 2 days....remarkable!

Set it up late yesterday...and here we are!

Now if can just get "Christine" the van figured out (transmission #3 and still sucks!) Ho..ho...ho....

Computer info here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075TLKJ2Z/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20171223_230516.jpg
20171223_231022.jpg
20171224_071727.jpg

Credits
Name
Mark Saiger
Jebus Mark, wtf did you do to deserve all this bad karma?
You know... Right now I am just considering it a challenge... And ok with it.

Just rolling off my back pretty good.

I really have been saying that I feel lucky some of this has happened to me and not some newbie out there.

Some of the things going on might have put some young guys out of business... So if there is luck... Feel lucky I am taking on the challenges....

I will figure it all out and will be able to take care of others because of this.

SmartSelectImage_2017-12-24-20-28-29.jpg

Latest posts