So I'm really making a concerted effort...

Chris A

Name
Chris
to be a better cleaner this year. As of monday, I have been pre-vaccing every job, and I've gone back to using air-movers again. I think the pre-vac is more of a show for customers than an actual benefit on most carpet, but I'ma doin it. And the air movers are a no brainer. What surprised me is I'm still hitting my marks per hour with a 20% sale :shock:. So far I'm satisfied.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
That's great to hear Chris.

Winter is a great time to reaccess your business model and get set for spring.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's great!

Don't forget the small stuff that impress the homeowners, like door guards, corner guards, doormats and shoe covers.

I'd save booties but then we would Danny posting to this thread. :wink:

Chris A

Name
Chris
I got the "show" part down. I've been using shoe covers, doorguards, etc. for years.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Powr-Flite Enviro-clean, yes with a bag. I'll probably notice more of a difference after a while, right now my customers are used to vaccing before I get there, so I'm not picking up much. I haven;t had any hair jobs yet either.

G

c_adkins said:
to be a better cleaner this year. As of monday, I have been pre-vaccing every job, and I've gone back to using air-movers again. I think the pre-vac is more of a show for customers than an actual benefit on most carpet, but I'ma doin it. And the air movers are a no brainer. What surprised me is I'm still hitting my marks per hour with a 20% sale :shock:. So far I'm satisfied.

I'm with ya!

I'm using the Hoover Elite right now.

The custi wants the carpet to look good, but a quick dry seems to be the most important to them. I use my air mover on most jobs.

JMHO

Greenie

I think that is the best benefit to a clear canister, if you are working through a home, and just not getting much from the first 3 strokes of prevac, you know where to make some time, yet the first time you make one forward pass as stir up a dust storm you know you're doing the right thing, and glad you took it off the truck. and I do think a propely vacuumed carpet has the potential to look better, and dry faster with less issues.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I think the only canister vas I would use would be the Sani w/dust cup, I don't like the idea of a homeowner type vac being used, but the Sani seems like it doesn't hold anything in it. I dunno, just doing it gives me the fuzzies so I'm not that worried.

Rex Tyus

Greenie said:
I think that is the best benefit to a clear canister, if you are working through a home, and just not getting much from the first 3 strokes of prevac, you know where to make some time, yet the first time you make one forward pass as stir up a dust storm you know you're doing the right thing, and glad you took it off the truck. and I do think a propely vacuumed carpet has the potential to look better, and dry faster with less issues.

I agree. That is the biggest benefit to a canister. It tickles me to see guys think they are removing more "soil" with a dust cup. You guys do realize much of what you see is the fluff from the air going through it and the fact it has no place to attach as it would in a bag. AMAZING how we as professionals get suckered by marketing the same way as the consumers we make fun of.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Rex Tyus said:
Greenie said:

I agree. That is the biggest benefit to a canister. It tickles me to see guys think they are removing more "soil" with a dust cup. You guys do realize much of what you see is the fluff from the air going through it and the fact it has no place to attach as it would in a bag. AMAZING how we as professionals get suckered by marketing the same way as the consumers we make fun of.

Well, I don't know about that Rex. When we did the vacuum tests at Mikefest we had pre-weighed soiled carpet samples and the vacuums with a bag did not do any better than the dust cup versions. Sanitaire came in top or close to it as I recall. The results were based on the amount of soil removed BY WEIGHT !

Greenie

Guys...get past that whole "I don't wanna use a vac the customer might already have", honestly, they don't care, their are just happy you cared enough to prevac, or they still don't care, but you are giving a better job anyways, and that is what they trust you, the professional to do.

Rex Tyus

Well, I don't know about that Rex. When we did the vacuum tests at Mikefest we had pre-weighed soiled carpet samples and the vacuums with a bag did not do any better than the dust cup versions. Sanitaire came in top or close to it as I recall. The results were based on the amount of soil removed BY WEIGHT !

First off i missed the posted results on that test. Second did you compare that Sanitaire stink cup version to the sanitaire with a bag? If not your point is moot. If you did and it still squeeked it out I will yeild to your results as I was not there to condone nor condemn the integrity of the comparisons.

Chris A

Name
Chris
like I said, I'm still hitting my numbers, so it works for me. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom