So Now What Do I Try??

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I cleaned a Drs. office today. I'm thinking a 15 year old Olyfin type carpet. It cleaned well, except for in front of the chairs, or where ever patients sat and placed their feet. I threw all I had at it, including Ultra-Pac, spiked with Citrus-Solve?? I tried Dirt Assasin. I used a solvent spotter. Just can't get the feet marks out. This carpet needs replaced badly, but Doc isn't ready.

What's next?? Anybody got a solution that I can pad in?? Would Snake Oil clean these spots with padding?? I'm tired of buying miracle "cleaners" that just don't perform.

The spots are most likely oil and blacktop sealer from the parking lot, and I think they over-used the ice melter this year. The Genesis was at 240 the whole time.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Ultrapak RENOVATE mixed 8 oz to a 2 gallon pump up. Give it the ol' Nike shuffle and RINSE.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
If it's asphualt use a light mist of PIG Out, agitate it & rinse w/ a hot wand. Follow up with Magic Bullet and a white towel...

tim

if it is olefin, boost with energy and citrus. More than likely it is fiber distortion. Polypropelene has a low heat set that makes it suceptible to crushing and grey distortion. I love Energy boosting the prespray (high ph) on olefin. I use Extreme Clean

Name
R.J. Povio
how about its just worn out.....tell the doc to deal with it or replace it......15 years on commercial carpet is a good life id say. All of those years of patients with wet/snow packed with salty boots is going to take its toll infront of chairs. Sounds like you have thrown all you can at it.

Let me guess the carpet is either solid blue or grey in color????

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I second encap. I used to hate commercial carpet. Enough heat to warm up alaska, enough vacuum a hooker would be rich and the carpets always looked like a terd the next day. Now I use a little scrub machine and I'm the new superman in town.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom