So the year is half over..

Mikey P

Administrator
Are you were you expected to be?

Up? down?

Any plans to change your course of action?

Steady as she goes here, Tile work is down, Either I'll have to lower prices to about carpet levels or stand my ground and wait it out...Could be a long wait so maybe a 25% reduction is in order to keep the Turbo from rusting.

Can't remember the last time we color sealed anything, at 2.00 a ft and up most wont' bite this year. But I wont do it for any less, far too time consuming, I'd rather just clear seal if they don't see the value of "perfect" grout.

Plenty of carpet to go around though.

K

Kabluey

For me its steady, nothing to brag about. Just about done with the switch over for my business. The weather has been cold here, only a few times has it been above 70 degree.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm not unhappy, but it certainly could be better however it could also be worse.

(A large KC restoration company went down this year, they had been one of the major players for years. I don't know the details but an adjuster told us about it a few weeks ago. :shock: )

No plans to change.

We are focusing more internally to ensuring we are always delivering value for the purchase. We have to stay on top of our game, it's too easy for the tech's to get complacent and not appreciate the business that comes our way.

topnotchman

Kabluey said:
For me its steady, nothing to brag about. Just about done with the switch over for my business. The weather has been cold here, only a few times has it been above 70 degree.

The weather hasn't felt like summer, its lame. Why are you not Go Green Carpet Cleaning anymore?

Mikey P

Administrator
I think Green has warn out it's welcome.

Brent is on to something with the goofy name..
Google, Yahoo, Twitter, Hulu, Yelp....

Kabluey will get notice and remembered better than North West Washington Carpet Care.

Mikey P

Administrator
How many new employees Ken?
Are you running as many tech and trucks as say, 4 years ago?

I hear nothing but End Of The World tales coming out of Michigan..

Set us straight, just how bad is it?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Hi Mikey

I am not sure how many new employees, we don't turn over much. Our retail business has been devastated over the last 5 years but this year will show an increase if the pace keeps going (still 40% down from early 2000's).

Cleaning businesses are doing great- we raised our prices in mid 2008 and while certainly the market has shrunk considerable with people losing jobs and homes we have been increasing market share so we are about flat job # wise & up dollar wise.

Anyone who is soley dependant on retail sales is really in trouble here, but established service businesses who keep on marketing and doing good work should weather it ok.

Ken

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm up this year...because of June it is only about 27% total income.

I am always hoping for a better increase but whattyagonnado?

K

Kabluey

Go Green will still be around.

Kabluey is a very unusual name that I know is going to be a big hit.

Lets put a poll up.

myKabluey.com will be up in a couple of weeks.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
the only bad month this year was Feb..and it was DISMAL
(even by slow, cold, wintery NE Ohio standards)

It's been one of the better first half's in a LONG time
Other than Feb and the first week of March, we've been cooking along quite nicely .

I keep looking for the sky to fall, cause it seems things are just going too damn good this year... :shock:

..L.T.A.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
As busy or busier than usual. I have realtors coming out of the woodwork to do houses for sale or new sales. Making a few road trips for homes out of our area(for realtors). Do some late afternoon jobs with my wife. I am booked out 2 weeks and just told my wife we should raise our prices.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I'm up. About 15%. Not huge, but considering the first few months were horrible because of the ridiculous winter, I'm very happy.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Doug Cox said:
As busy or busier than usual. I have realtors coming out of the woodwork to do houses for sale or new sales. Making a few road trips for homes out of our area(for realtors). Do some late afternoon jobs with my wife. I am booked out 2 weeks and just told my wife we should raise our prices.

And you should ad a truck...I bet I could find an awesome sub in your area. :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Lippold said:
my year is kicking ass way better than last year. thanks to sm they are great for the reminders my roi is huge. :D :D :D

Hey, I call mine "ROI" too! :mrgreen:

Oh, wait a minute... :oops:

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Brian R said:
[quote="Doug Cox":1jlovo7c]As busy or busier than usual. I have realtors coming out of the woodwork to do houses for sale or new sales. Making a few road trips for homes out of our area(for realtors). Do some late afternoon jobs with my wife. I am booked out 2 weeks and just told my wife we should raise our prices.

And you should ad a truck...I bet I could find an awesome sub in your area. :mrgreen:[/quote:1jlovo7c]

I bet you couldn't. I live in a pretty small area with only maybe 2 companies that are good including myself. Brian- I am perfectly content going it on my own. If I need help to knock out a job, I couldn't find a better helper than my wife. She knows what to do and doesn't talk back. lol

Mikey P

Administrator
attachment.php

Do you ride fast Dougie?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
My old bike was way faster with the V45 engine. With the V twin its a hard to keep it at 75 with the pipes I have. Pretty loud.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Doug Cox said:
[quote="Brian R":11b64fyw][quote="Doug Cox":11b64fyw]As busy or busier than usual. I have realtors coming out of the woodwork to do houses for sale or new sales. Making a few road trips for homes out of our area(for realtors). Do some late afternoon jobs with my wife. I am booked out 2 weeks and just told my wife we should raise our prices.

And you should ad a truck...I bet I could find an awesome sub in your area. :mrgreen:[/quote:11b64fyw]

I bet you couldn't. I live in a pretty small area with only maybe 2 companies that are good including myself. Brian- I am perfectly content going it on my own. If I need help to knock out a job, I couldn't find a better helper than my wife. She knows what to do and doesn't talk back. lol[/quote:11b64fyw]

I hear ya.

Mikey P

Administrator
Doug Cox wrote:

all because he started to pre vacuum a year ago.. :idea: :idea:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Mikey P said:
Steady as she goes here, Tile work is down, Either I'll have to lower prices to about carpet levels or stand my ground and wait it out...Could be a long wait so maybe a 25% reduction is in order to keep the Turbo from rusting.

Can't remember the last time we color sealed anything, at 2.00 a ft and up most wont' bite this year. But I wont do it for any less, far too time consuming, I'd rather just clear seal if they don't see the value of "perfect" grout.

My exact thoughts.

I thought I was whoring myself out to clean and color seal at a buck fifty a foot, but I have found I can clean and seal 300 sq ft in decent enough time that 450 is worth it. No matter what I do I find picking up and cleaning rugs to be the easiest and most profitable service. I should make that my main focus and add a few more in the mix. All my residential marketing from this day forward will have rug cleaning and tile color sealing as my main focal points.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
cleann4kids said:
I'm up and will be getting a truckmount in August,

congrats, Tony.
it will be like going from a moped to a Harley

as far as "which" TM, it depends on you mechanical aptitude.
If low, stick with a local disty you trust and buy what they sell

..L.T.A.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The calender your may be half over.

But, for the cleaning year here it has only been about 10 weeks.

As Dirk said above. Because of weather this has been the worse winter in decades.

My business is up.('cept winter)

Regular clients are still holding their breath a bit.

But, the job tickets are up and more new clients than ever.

Picking up some regular commercial.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
July should put us even further over the top with just the commercial jobs that I have sheduled. Some of them waited who were supposed to be done in June.
We'll see.

We've been cutting deals on sealing grout but still been doing $500.00 to $1,500 tile jobs.
I really can't complain, I'm just never satisfied.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom