So what are your Christmas plans?

Mikey P

Administrator
Going home for the holidays?
Family coming over?
Calm and quite with just the wife and kids?
Hanging yourself from the rafters?

While I really wish I had the family dynamics on either side to have a Xmas like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlmVqH_5HM

in reality, my mom is in a home, my Dad and one brother are in Texas ( and barely speak to one another) the other brother in Seattle, we have not gotten together for a traditional holiday since I was 9 years old..

My wife's family is a guaranteed drunken catastrophe so J.W.Grinch and I will be spending the Holiday in Vegas at the Wynn, seeing a few shows, shopping, people watching and I promised Lockheart I would lose $100 at poker.

How about you?

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Family is coming over both Christmas eve and Christmas. My mom has been ill for a while (was in hospital a month) and she is just getting better. She is a tough one! Both parents will be over here for Christmas, hope maybe my brothers will get the chance to stop by as well. All the relatives from my wife's side will be here as well. It's not like we don't have some of the "Special Family Dynamics"....LOL! We do, and by the time Christmas is over, we have had a good time, but will be ready to move on.

Food and wine will make things good though! And there is always the shop if we need an escape. :smile:

Now having a Grandson is actually going to make my Christmas a bit more special :)

They are actually more fun than the first round a lot of times :icon_cool:

Heck, if you guys aren't too busy and want to stop by, we would love to have you! We've got plenty of snow to go around!

Mark Saiger

hogjowl

Idiot™
My wife and I have been fortunate that our family dynamics are fairly normal, or maybe normal is no longer accurate. Our family dynamics are 1950 style. Our problem is slowing things down and really enjoying Christmas. We have a fairly big family and seeing everyone over the holidays keeps us going way too fast. My wife's health is getting worse and I fear that the holidays will be too much of a strain on her, so I have been quietly, away from her attention, directing things with the kids and relatives in such a way as to hopefully relieve some of the stress on her. We will travel to my Dad's, an hour away, on Christmas day to see him, but other than that, I plan to stick around the house the rest of the time.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Most likely three different stops since my in-laws piss off everybody they come in contact with. This will be the first Christmas I will see my grandparents in a long time since they have sold their Florida house and now live in our in-law suite. It will also probably be the third Christmas since my Dad and I have spoken any meaningful words to each other.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Being from Israel my brothers are there, so unfortunately I can't drop by and visit my brothers and their families. The wife is an only child, so no local (as in USA) siblings. And unfortunately our parents on both sides have passed away.

We'll stay at home, enjoy the kids and good food and hopefully do my favorite holiday activity- nothing.
Well, we just treated ourselves to another dog from the shelter- Clancy. Adding another charming member to the family is always great fun. I wonder what he wants for Christmas?

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
We used to do the big family Christmas when we were in MN but out here it's just us, my parents and my brother that I haven't talked to in a while. Low key holidays now

Reactions: Mikey P and ruff

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Christmas Eve I'll go to my dad's house and open presents with the little guy and he will stay the night. Christmas morning he will open presents at my house, and I'll probably cook a nice breakfast. Late morning/early afternoon we'll travel to my grandparents and have a lunch and the little ones open presents from my grandma and grandpa there. Ethan will go with him mom after that, and I will head to the girlfriends for a dinner, and christmas party. They have a ton of property and a bunch of snow toys so we'll be enjoying those as well.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Mom passed away a short time ago. Traveling to Spokane to be with a friend of her's , during Christmas, that is having a hard time. Take time away from every thing
for a couple of days are the only concrete plans. going to be a weird holiday
good on you steve...seems missing someone gets worse around Xmas

Reactions: burbuja2

Lonny

Supportive Member
We are taking the kids to their Grandparents, and opening presents, eating, watching a movie, and SLEEPING!!! I will not be on here for my regular 3:00AM perusing.

Reactions: ruff

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
We always look for a family in need. This year we found a family that didnt even have money for a Christmas tree. We got a tree, put lights and stuff all over it, got all the kids some really cool presents and set it on the door step, plugged the tree in, knocked and ran like crazy. The kids had so much fun doing it.
We also made candy trains and other goodies and gave them to many people in our hood.
We will have a big family get together on the 23rd with all the aunts and uncles etc. Christmas Eve morning we do presents. (Santa comes the night of the 23rd for us) after presents I spend hours cleaning up, putting batteries in toys and keeping kids out of chocolate acoma from their stockings while my wife makes a big ham with all the fixings for lunch That night we have about 25+ family over for a fun night. We eat till we cant move and the kids put on the Manger scene while we read the first Christmas out of the Bible. Christmas day we have ( other side of the family) come over for another big lunch. We then take the kids to a movie. On the 26th we will leave for a cabin in the snowy hills to play until the 29th which is my Birthday and I get to eat all the crab I can stand. We also have a bunch of friends come over for a New Years Eve party and we again eat till we cant stand up.
I spend the next 3 weeks at the gym exercising the weight I have gained off.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
We start the morning off at 3 am by driving 2 hours to Kade's Moms house. Lora and Kourtney make breakfast for everyone then we open presents there with his mom, step dad grand parents and siblings. Then in the afternoon we head to Adam's (Kade's step dad) families home for lunch and more presents. Normally we head to the airport to pick up my daughter after that but this year she is coming in the day after Christmas and staying 3 extra days this year because of Christmas and new year being in the middle of the week. The rest of the week is the kids and Lora's time to ski. They will probably ski 6 out of 10 days while I either work or sit in the lodge. It makes me happier then I could put into words watching the 3 of them out skiing. It is something they all love an have as their own special bond with their step mom and they are all damn good at it too! The boy was throwing down 180's last year he says he is going to land a 360 this year. Man I have a life better then I deserve.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Going to mother in laws Christmas Eve staying home Christmas Day.

Gonna be in Vegas Saturday and Sunday to visit family after Christmas.

Say Hi to Bill why your out there Mike!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Breakfast here with Nanna and Papa, then we head to their house for brunch. Back home to sleep it off for the evening.

Family is so spread out and most cant stand each other so we keep it simple.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom