so what is the best vacuum

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I am sick of having to replace the belt nearly everytime I use my sani 887, I just about feel like going back to the good ole purple bissel, but it fills too fast and clogs filters, so its like pick your poison. is there anything else that vacs as good as these units, doesn't require a new belt all the time and does not fill up too fast or clog filters very easy?? I have never had to replace a belt on a purple bissel someone at sanitare needs to figure out how bissel is driving the belt and do it that way.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
My new riccar.. has a lifetime belt.. They tell me its similar to one thats on a car... so I have tested it today. and it rocks.. see my post

P

pitmaster

Sanitaire Upright Vacuum 5845B
The SC5845 features a large, convenient dirt cup so you can easily empty dirt, dust, and debris on the fly. There are no messy shake-out bags to deal with or tricky paper bags to replace. It also offers a clog-resistant, oversized diameter hose and onboard tools to help you clean corners, crevices, nooks, and crannies. Comes with sealed HEPA filtration that filters 100% of the air and captures 99.97% of allergens and pollen down to 0.3 microns in size.

• Amps: 10
• CFM: 135
• Noise level: 69 dB
• CRI approved/LEED rated
• Filtration: Sealed HEPA; 99.97% at 0.3 microns
• Containment: Easy empty, large dust cup
• Capacity: 3.5 quarts – dry
• Cleaning path: 15 inches
• Cord length: 40 feet
• Tools: 9-foot stretch hose, wand, crevice tool, and dusting brush
• Brush roll: TrueBalance, double ball bearing
• Weight: 18 lbs

steve g

Name
steve garrett
so you guys are saying the new sanitaire, this vac doesn't look as heavy duty as the 887, does it vac as good, how much more dirt does it hold over the purple bissel.

tim

I really like the protean 1500xp. Used every day for 3 years, replaced 1 belt. No other problems. On board tools, choice if a beater bar or off switch, hepa filter, looks professional

Lefty724

Name
E
I have pretty much tried them all too! My last purchase was Shark and I must say I will be going back to either a good ole Bissell or Dyson DC14. I have a Kirby and Royal commercial that are just sitting collecting dust.

No more bagged vacs for me.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Yer downstream if you ain't got a Proteam 1500XL. All things being equal it's a super vacuum. They made me a distributor and 4 of my customers love them. With a full bag it's a powerfull as a Dyson and very quick to suck the edges with the quick draw wand. I have had them apart several times and know several in's and out's of working on them. If yer intellignet about vacuum cleaners you won't regret the purchase.

DavidVB

Windsor Versamatic.

I have 3 that are at least 10 years old. Outstanding performance. Easy to repair yourself. Plus I like to use equipment the homeowner doesn't have.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Cleartrak is not that expensive. Easy to use and easy to repair. Just buy the part and replace it. Needs one mod, a small strip of weather stripping around the filter tray. Filters are cheap and washable. Large canister for soil.
Shipping is free.

Fred Homan

I love my Riccar with a hose you can pull off so you can vacuum the edges as you should be doing..... :shock:

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I didnt get the riccar with the hoses.. But we alwways take the truckmount vacuum hose around all the corners and edges if we have to...

Sebo isnt that great! If it was don't you think Mikey would have kept his? duh

Ron K

David S. Does the brushroll have Bristels and a Beater bar on that Sanitare? Can't find a picture of the underneath.

greg

Lindhaus RX-HEPA 14''or16'', sealed bearings, removable bb, killer suction, stair hose. I'm still using my original from 04'; I have a new rx in my closet for my house. 500.00 otd pay no more, retail 600..

lance

I have a Royal and a Clear trak. Both have strong motors and are well built.

The like the Clear Trak more because you can see the stuff being pulled up into the clear canister. And it does have a hose for the extra tools.

-JB-

Name
JB
So what is the best vacuum?

Simple answer?

The one that gets used.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom