so what is the value of a urine soaked rug?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I have 3 rugs in my plant that had severe urine stains on them.. the urine was so old the rugs smelled like ammonia. We cleaned on the acid side and w cold water but the colors still bleed ALOT and over the entire rug.
Use Red 1 and Magic but still not good enough.
We warned the custy before hand that this might happen and our told them we take no responsibility if they have us clean them..
How do you think we should handle this?

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
There might not be anything more you can reasonably do. The carpets were damaged before you got them. Before I use an acid cleaner, I usually treat a bleeder with a non detergent acid product, like a browning treatment (acetic acid). I find this helps to fix the dyes somewhat and then I clean with the detergent. Works for me

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Not consistently.

I'll post photos later when I get back to the plant..
Robert Mann taught me how to handle overall dye run, but I haven't been successful at it.. maybe I have the wrong Chem.?

Robert Mann will be here for the Rug Summit next month. If you still have them, maybe you could ship them here and we can play with them.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
1470348727783.jpg

The red dye run is worst in person. the yellow of the white areas is where I used Magic. The white rug is the back of the rug cuz the dye run shows up better.1470348807902.jpg

Attachments

• 1470348655302.jpg
    1470348655302.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 252

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Robert Mann will be here for the Rug Summit next month. If you still have them, maybe you could ship them here and we can play with them.

I might have to send my tech to the rug summit with the rugs for retraining and trying to solve this problem.. On the white rug-- since stain 1 and red 1 wasn't removing the dye-- he used a mixture of vinegar and dish soap-- because that's what the internet said to do :hopeless::oldrolleyes:

Reactions: T Monahan

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Robert Mann will lead a group first in identifying rugs with problems. This will be done in real time right off the truck. Next, he will discuss strategies and approaches for treatment for each rug discovered with dye migration. Keep in mine that Hagopian gets hundreds of rugs each day. I'm sure you will find this both entertaining and educational. (Send your rug along with your man to add to the anticipated mix of rugs) Once sorted and discussed, then Robert will lead the hands-on demonstration for the unique remedy for each rug found with problems of dye bleed.

Reactions: LisaWagnerCRS

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom