So what were your impressions of the SS870 ?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Does this unit have the muffler/silencer running through the water box?? I understand that other SS units use this tecnique to "pre-heat" the water?? How do you get into that water box to clean it out? Just sayin'.....

Name
Lee Stockwell
The exhaust is entirely isolated from the inside of the water box by stainless steel on the SS370 HX I saw up close. I'm sure the 870 is of identical configuration.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Had my hands on the full line in Phoenix last year and pretty sure the 850 was in the line up. Every machine is going to need belts, hoses, fluid changes and an occasional pulley bearing. Pressure pumps will consume a couple rebuilt kits and the engine will consume several sets of plugs and air filters. That being said I'll bet it's a 10,000 hr machine easy, a huge money maker especially if you run a crew of two techs.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Same engine as my unit. Fooker purrrsss. Direct coupled like mine. Fookin pain the ass. Good luck with that.

Golden Boy

Jimbo

Waldo, you don't get to comment...since you flaked so badly.

Maybe you and Daniel C could room together next MF

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i doubt my supplier will ever get one in for me to see. i'm sure SS will get my next purchase. :cry:

gene

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Jimbo said:
Waldo, you don't get to comment...since you flaked so badly.

Maybe you and Daniel C could room together next MF

DAYMN...id payto see that...lol :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Mikey P

Administrator
sweendogg said:
they are missing the mark by not offering it standard with 2.5 hose like cleanco does on their units.

It is plumbed for 2.5.

The production version with have two 2.5 ports.

I ran it with two 2.5s coming off the machine followed by another 50 of 2 inchers and it got to 14 inches nice and quick.

Seeing how SS has sucked in most of the top people in this industry, it sure appears that they are here to play for a long while. I'm not too worried about them folding on us. Although with players like White Magic, Powerclean and soon to be toast Hydramaster closing up shop, one always has to worry.

Butler should be fine with Snow around but I even worry about Prochem hanging in there if things dont improve soon.

Who knows I could be totally off base here.

All I know is, their support of the Board has been tremendous, they continue to come out with new innovative product, dealers are fighting to have a territory and I see no signs of slowing down.

I'm going to let them produce about 30 of the 870's and if it does not turn out to be a big turd, most likely it will be my next Vortex Killer.

S

sam miller

It seems to me if You let all your talent go engineers and chemists that are proven. ie PC, and these guys go elsewhere this is what you get! Good luck Sapphire the new Prochem.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom