So why can't a CDS be ran off a Diesel engine?

cmaster

Name
Paul Budnik
One of my Cleancos runs off a diesel engine. They do a mod to the computer to set the rpm for cleaning. I've never had an issue with it.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i'm thinking you can chip the brain to get your desired RPM's
PLUS you can alter that with a combination of pulley sizes...

i'm believing the injector pump is prolly in the way.....HOWEVER...
anything can be done!!!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Didn't you used to have somebody with SS who would come on here almost instantly and answer your questions?

You didn't screw up and let him meet you, did you?

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Yep they can. Got a Pro 1200 sitting in my garage built to run in box truck... Built for Isuzu NPR with 150 gallon fresh and waste tanks.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
i'm thinking you can chip the brain to get your desired RPM's
PLUS you can alter that with a combination of pulley sizes...

i'm believing the injector pump is prolly in the way.....HOWEVER...
anything can be done!!!

yep...

steve g

Name
steve garrett
here is one situation remember when the hydraulic vortex, the one that was installed in those bering trucks. one of the problems they had with those is the computer freaked out trying to run at a constant idle RPM, so some guy who lived in italy did a special program to make it run. only problem was if the computer needed to be replaced for reflashed for some reason. good luck finding the guy in italy to help you. That was with a truck that had WAY less electronic things going on. nowdays diesels have particulate filters and use DEF fluid to treat the exhaust. there is just too much going to do it.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
i have some questions about the new diesel
how about the dpf
will fill up with high idling times?The new emissions are still being tested in my opinion
kinda like buying new carpet we know nylon works very well
had a friend that had butlers in houston he loved them some had 300000 plus miles on these things
just a few years old then.
we have 2 diesels in our driveway now love them
but time will tell.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
It's all question of economics, rather than that of engineering.

I've put together a number of diesel CDS rigs....when they had a measure of popularity and similarity to existing gasoline setups.
However, there are differences in the kit makeup and the time put into developing the requisite brackets, driveline adapter, power transmission components and unique speed control systems.

If however, each model year transition and make of vehicle combined with the requisite number to sell is not even break even, it becomes prohibitive cost-wise. It makes no sense to "tool-up" for the option.

Manufacturers of CDS systems have "dabbled" with diesel install packages, when it looked like it made sense, and then withdrew when it didn't.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom