Soap Free causing some problems

srugman26

Been using Soap Free for about 2 months and now my flow meter and related parts are shot. Never had a problem with Dry Slurry. I like the soap free idea. Is DFC 105 less lethal to the brass parts that are now shot ?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I think Mikey said he had that kind of a problem in the past.

I have been using it for a few years and have no problems and love its cleaning ability.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Soap free has chemistries to prevent corrosion to your parts.. contact masterblend, they may want a sample but if they find a defective chemistry.. they almost always at very least help with the repairs monetarily.. How are you using the product.. dilution rations?? Are you mixing anything with it or straight soap free?

TimP

I believe I've had a couple things go out cause of it too. Brass parts that were weak in areas. I no longer use the product. I'd say around 70 bucks in proprietary fittings.

srugman26

Using it straight. Mix it into the 5 gal stock. I think 10-12 scoops of product. I love the way it cleans, but it seems strange that I never had this problem with Dry Slurry. Do you think the batch is bad ?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
when did you get the batch.. i believe when Mikey was having problems they had an isolated batch that wasn't quite mixed correctly with the right anti corrosives. Many of us have not had any problems with the product an our equipment. Try your distributer first and if they drag their feet on helping you out then contact masterblend directly.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Your Flowmeter is shot???

A stock 421 flowmeter from Hydramaster is all stainless steel. Did you have occasion to replace that flowmeter from someone who was not selling the same model that HM uses before you had this problem? Make sure you are getting what you paid for when you ask for a OEM spec part

But, to your first question. MB Soap Free is one of the few STPP "soap Free" products that DOES contain a corrosion inhibitor, while most of the competitors to that product do not. That being the case, you may experience greater problems with other products within that class of extraction emulsifiers. DFC105 should be fine though.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Truck Mounts: Mix 3 cups (1.5 pounds) in 5 gallons of water. Mix well and meter through system at 2 – 4

TimP

I've switched to Prolon. I believe it works as good if not better because it's liquid.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Though I sometimes use other products, my old stand by for 40 years has been Steam Way Formula A. Cleans well, doesn't cause me carpet problems, and has corrosion inhibitors. I have been told that some cleaners use Formula A once in a while just for its coating ability.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
the most I put in a 5 gallon stock is a scoop and half, usually only a scoop

you are using way to much at 10 to 12 scoops

so if your parts are wearing out it sounds like your fault, been using it for years with no parts problems

I tried a sample of soap free and was very pleased.

I currently use Dry Slurry and mix 4 scoops (8oz) in my 5 gallon jug and meter at 2. It performs good so I see no reason to switch.

srugman26

It says to use 3 cups, which is actually 15 scoops. Using one scoop would not seem to do anything ?. Jon Don said it could be flow meter I am going for service on Wed

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It doesn't have to be cause and effect.

You could have started the problem with the flow meter before you switched.

With that said, Procyon had a big problem with eating brass but someone just said the parts are stainless.

Procyon advertised that it was "soap free" so it may be the same chemistry

Mikey P

Administrator
A "bad batch" did my brass flow meter in.

I replaced it with a SS unit and continue to run good batch Soap Free and put 6 to 10 scoops per 5 gallon and meter @ 2.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I had a problem metering soap free when it was just freshly mixed with hot water.

I attribute it to the peroxide being still active just after the hot water mixing.

After 10 15 minutes, never had a problem.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom