Social media and work

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
In response to the other post about "how much work do you get from the internet", I figured I would ask this one:

How much work do you get from the social media such as facebook, twitter and whatever others there are out there.??

I may be wrong (as usual), but I would think that if I was looking for a tradesperson, be it an electrician, plumber, painter, carpet cleaner, etc; I would Google that trade in my area rather than look on the social media formats.

Looking forward to some intersting social intercourse here.

Don't get to excited:

social intercourse

noun
communication between individuals [syn: intercourse]

Thank you,

Shorty Down Under

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I've been advertising on facebook for months now and as far as I know I haven't got 1 job. I recently changed the ad and decided to put a pic of me and my daughter on it instead of a before and after pic. I got hundreds of clicks suddenly which cost me $1.50 each. No jobs. I'm about to cancel the whole thing.

If Mrs. Piff is an active Facebooker and you have a facebook page for your business, she can send it to all her friends and recommend you. That is of course if you do a great job for a fair price.

I plan on doing big things with Facebook this year.

Paying for advertisements on social media sites is a waste of money.

Getting your customers to refer you is where the quan is.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
danielc said:
Getting your customers to refer you is where the quan is.
So how to get this "golden" on-line referral?

1. Do a great job. Well, duh!
2. Connect with her emotionally. (This is what makes her convinced you did a "great job".)
3. Tactfully remind her how important her on-line review is for your business.
4. Make it easy for her to give reviews.

We covered this exact point in last week's QuickTIP. For those of you who don't feel like you know it all, ya might wanna check it out: http://sfs.jondon.com/8036/resources/qu ... ng-reviews For those of you who do know-it-all, carry on.

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS I would've pasted in the whole QuickTIP but then Larry would have been unhappy with another looooong Toburen post. 113 words, Larry. I'm trying to get my writing lean and mean.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Get involved. Make friends for other reasons than to get those jobs.

AND of course make is a reality in the real world....let everyone you know that they can post your links on Facebook.

Put a link to your fan page on your site and get fans

Give your fans something other than carpet cleaning tips and coupons....use it like a newsletter on your posts and give them something interesting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom