Sodium Precarbonate..are there re-soil issues????

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Sodium Precarbonate, Oxy-Clean, Boost All, etc

Think i've read before that the oxy's leave a residue that adds to rapid re-soil.

true?
False?

..L.T.A.

TimP

Oxy clean has some surfactants and other aditives to make it more than sodium percarbonate.

I doubt there is any resoil from sodium percarbonate because the peroxide effect from it is gone in a few hours....

A guy that does work in a coastal area has been rumored to use oxyclean by a former cleaner I talked with recently so I don't know how it's true. But I've cleaned after the guy and wasn't impressed.....however almost all the carpet is loop pile olefin so he can get away with it...

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Sodium Percarbonate breaks down to O2 and Sodium Carbonate(Soda Ash).

While not without some noticeable drawbacks, resoiling residue would be the least of any concerns.

The product itself, as a residue, is fairly innocuous, and unless you are using massive doses you should not notice any evidence of the residue. It should not be a problem. And even if it were left as a lone "massive" residue that was noticed as a white hazing, it should vacuum up and out quite readily.

While Sodium Percarbonate is often sold alone(with some soda ash added to make it ship-able as non-hazardous) as a product booster, it is also a part of a number of blended formulations like MasterBlend's Soap Free.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Re: Sodium PERcarbonate..are there re-soil issues????

nope. what was said above.

for every 1,000 sq.ft. of CC'ing i am using 1.5 ounces of S.P. ... not a concern at all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom