SOFT WATER.....Who rinses with this?

Rescue

I was just wondering if anyone here rinses with soft water. I am finding all my cleaning is done with my pre-spray, agitation and pre-spotting. Is it necessary to follow it up with more detergent. Does anyone just use hot soft water?

Joe

G

Does anyone just use hot soft water?

I do lots of times, but not all the time. :D

diamond brian

When I'm on the truck, I rarely turn on the last-step chem metering system. Soft water works just fine for me.

I have a guy who works for me who will go through the entire 5-gal jug of citric acid rinse solution in one day. Can't say that his results are superior to anybody else's (but they sure cost more).

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Yes it is a alkaline rinse agent.

Not just specific to "Acid Rinses"

I carry soft water in my on board tank and use a 1/4 to 1/2 the dilution ratio of emulsifier to "Rinse" with.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Rescue said:
I am finding all my cleaning is done with my pre-spray, agitation and pre-spotting.

Joe

Your findings are on the money, Joe.

If i had a water softener on board, it's unlikely we'd use much if any "rinse agents" thru the TM.

as it is, we do use emulsifier thru the TM in our cleaning.
However, it's not so much to aid in soil suspension (the pre-spray and drell has already done the heavy lifting as you noted)
The reason we use emulsifier thru the TM is to condition the water, add fragrance and keep scale down in the TM.

Like Jimmy, we only use 1/3 to 1/2 of suggested dilutions.
(unless it's a "really" trashed rag)

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom