solution hose connects?

Bucey

Name
FFA?
I currently have the pressure type quick connects. I am thinking of switching to the open end connects. What are the pros and cons of both? thanks

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Even if you don't have an accident with full pressure, you'll be draining water everywhere when you disconnect intermediate lengths.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
you can get QD's with out a popit in them for an open flow.......but like Doug said if your not careful on how you lay things down you are looking got trouble....one bump of the shut off and you will have water flowing every where...........

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
rstrick said:
I currently have the pressure type quick connects. I am thinking of switching to the open end connects. What are the pros and cons of both? thanks

bad idea, Ryan
all the cons out weigh the pros (if any)

open flow connects are fine for your "fresh" water fill line ONLY.
Not high pressure , HOT solution lines

..L.T.A.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Try it for a day on a limited scale i.e. one hose-one end. You'll be back to the old way before the end of the day.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Bane uses an open male connector on their solution lines. However they run very low pressure (170psi static, 50psi running) and only moderate heat(<160 F). They do it to minimize pressure drop and maximize flow, given the limits of electric motors they used.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom