Solution hose reel

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If you weigh it down too much you will have hinge issues. We've done it. :redface:

Its also not stationary, so it can be awkward rolling up when you have to hold the door, the reel handle and the solution line. Three hands?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I have a guy that has a stupid install and that has the fresh tank at the rear drivers door and next to it the vacuum hose reel with the solution reel hanging off th vacuum reel and there's no more room to fit anything but small stuff into the van.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It will work fine as long as he doesn't over load it.

We had a back plate bracket made which gave it support so we could carry a couple hundred feet...until the weight fooked up the hinges. :errf:

I'd hold the door between my knees and reel with one hand and guide with the other. It sucked but it can be done. :icon_neutral:

tcdepot

Name
The Cleaner's Depot
This is one issue we run into a lot when installing units. That's why we push the submount tank for slide-in units so much. Plus an electric hose reel allows you to push that vac reel back a little and do a dual-stand bracket in front of the vac reel and save that space on the side. Putting a reel on a door isn't a good solution, in my opinion.

The only real option would be to move the hose reels to the other side of the van, take out the chemical shelf (if there is one) and get a chemical holder that fits on top of a fresh water tank. That way when you put the reel on a stack bracket off the side of the vac reel you still have an isle to put equipment down.

Hope that makes sense. If you want to snap some pictures of the install and send it my way, Chris Pond and I will take a look at it and shoot you some ideas to give you a little more space.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We've taken square tube and had a frame made for mounting to.

Ran it up from the floor to ceiling and attached Rokan solution reel to it and painted it black to match the reel. It's mounted to swivel out so its easier to roll up but because it swivels and its not rigid it's not so much.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I've done it and like it a lot. The nice thing is when the door is open that reel is out of the way. You can move in and out of the van freely. But it needs to be the old typical type of reel with the hose coming off the side. Like Richard, I found it hard to do with the wide type of reel where the hose comes off the front. Hope that makes sense.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
This one worked best for a rear install. The last few we did were free standing frames. Heavy as shit but functional. Take them off when not needed, take them up to the doors of a commercial job and pull from there.

2014-12-10_13-36-21_955_zps99df8a2b.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom