solution hose

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I had a hose break at job. Lucked out it was out in the open on a sealed floor when it broke. It was a goodyear hose. I just got my interlink book today and see they carry Signa hose. Anyone have this & do you like it.

I talked to another cleaner in my area and he uses this other hose that is very light but said not to pull on it because it will snap when it gets hot. He runs propane and its runs hot. I see Cobbs has hose on sale too. To many to pick from

So whats the better hose.

Thank You

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Greenie has the Alpha hose, good to 311F and 3000psi, biggest draw back is its rough outer covering but that can be smoothed down with a silicone spray. Handles very nice.

Also the Parflex, only good to 230F and I forget the pressure. Need to learn to belay the hose, ie coil it properly, and it won't get all rowdy on you. Its stiffer being a plastic hose but the advantage is insulated better and won't burst(so I'm told), AND no black death.

I use both, alternate between them. I prefer the Alpha. I like the Parflex when its muddy, smooth outer covering is easier to clean.

I'll never buy Neptune again.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
GOODYEAR.....SIGNA lastest me only 200 hrs......NEVER AGAIN.....,,INTERLINK did give me a $30.00 credit,(WOW)

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
What ron said.

If you are not running high heat, then parflex will do. If running high heat, get a higher rated hose.

Call Greenie and be done with it. One phone call, youre done.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Parflex is ok, obviously the not-spewing-black-shit-everywhere is a plus. Daily doses of 220-230 heat and I still cant get it to straighten out though. (after 4 months)

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
c_adkins said:
Parflex is ok, obviously the not-spewing-black-shit-everywhere is a plus. Daily doses of 220-230 heat and I still cant get it to straighten out though. (after 4 months)

Try coiling it differently. see if someone can show you how to belay it, coil it outward, then inward. If you try to coil it like a normal hose it'll get fu'd really quick. Mine doesn't see high heat but its not coiled nightmare either, its just a pain at times.

Greenie

Yea, the plastic hose is a far better investment of your dollars, but it hates a small radius hose reel, if you ahve a larger reel or hand coil, it's no problem, just learn to dance with it, it also insulates better, is a shitload lighter, that alone is enough to consider it, but NOT EVER having BLACK DEATH is the deal cincher.

and....from the right guy it's avail in custom lengths, most popular is 110' with 125' a close second.

and yes it cost more, so quit bitching, you won't have to rebuy it every year, and yes it's avail. in blue with KMA ChemWho on the jacket.

Walt

Greenie said:
Yea, the plastic hose is a far better investment of your dollars, but it hates a small radius hose reel, if you ahve a larger reel or hand coil, it's no problem, just learn to dance with it, it also insulates better, is a shitload lighter, that alone is enough to consider it, but NOT EVER having BLACK DEATH is the deal cincher.

and....from the right guy it's avail in custom lengths, most popular is 110' with 125' a close second.

and yes it cost more, so quit bitching, you won't have to rebuy it every year, and yes it's avail. in blue with KMA ChemWho on the jacket.

Greenie is totally right about it on small radius reel - it's kind of a mess. On the other hand, it is so light, it doesn't really need a reel. I have 100 feet (per wand) that I hand coil (super fast) and hang. The rest of the hose on the truck is on a reel and is high temp.

To get comparable heat at the wand with other hose you have to run about 10- 20 degrees hotter at the machine.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I hate the black death. My first black death was on a white carpet of course. I thought my heart was going to stop as I was pulling back on the wand. It came out but scared the crap out me. Glad the customer was not in the room.

The hose that broke before this one happened about 15 ft from the front door and the hose broke at the wand and sprayed me where it counts. Ran for the door dropped the wand shut down the machine and had finish the job looking like I had wet myself and act like it didn't hurt.

Greenie

Hoses usually let loose at the crimped ends, another reason to run your lead hose as long as possible, a QD at the front door is just stupid, a result of a local shop only having 50' lengths on the shelf, at least get 100 footer, everyone can use a 100 footer.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Almost two years on greenie plastic stuff and running fine. It is a nite mear on a butler reel but worth it. No black death and almost 1200 hours on it.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Ron Werner said:
[quote="c_adkins":23z71nvc]Parflex is ok, obviously the not-spewing-black-shit-everywhere is a plus. Daily doses of 220-230 heat and I still cant get it to straighten out though. (after 4 months)

Try coiling it differently. see if someone can show you how to belay it, coil it outward, then inward. If you try to coil it like a normal hose it'll get fu'd really quick. Mine doesn't see high heat but its not coiled nightmare either, its just a pain at times.[/quote:23z71nvc]

I'll give that a shot Ron, it's not unmanageable, just annoying. The worst is when you pull off 150' and by the time you get to the wand its knotted 3 or 4 times. How the F does it do that!?

Name
Nate W.
c_adkins said:
[quote="Ron Werner":2t9l1l7o][quote="c_adkins":2t9l1l7o]Parflex is ok, obviously the not-spewing-black-shit-everywhere is a plus. Daily doses of 220-230 heat and I still cant get it to straighten out though. (after 4 months)

Try coiling it differently. see if someone can show you how to belay it, coil it outward, then inward. If you try to coil it like a normal hose it'll get fu'd really quick. Mine doesn't see high heat but its not coiled nightmare either, its just a pain at times.[/quote:2t9l1l7o]

I'll give that a shot Ron, it's not unmanageable, just annoying. The worst is when you pull off 150' and by the time you get to the wand its knotted 3 or 4 times. How the F does it do that!?[/quote:2t9l1l7o]

I also coil solution and water hoses like Ron does. A firefighter taught me how to coil so no knots or coils to untwist. All my hoses are hand coiled, I don't have a hose reel.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I still wrap hose up on the reel, with the parflex though, its almost easier to coil it and hang it in the truck. Just grab and carry. I also coil my in-house 50ft length of 2" superflex, the 2.5" goes on the reel.

I have NO idea how the soln hose gets into knots.
I ask myself constantly, How the h--- did I do THAT!!??
Or it'll get hooked on the slightest protrusion. If I ever tried to or wanted it to hook or not, I'd never happen.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
c_adkins said:
The worst is when you pull off 150' and by the time you get to the wand its knotted 3 or 4 times. How the F does it do that!?

obviously OPERATOR ERROR..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

100ft, 50ft, 100ft is how we stack it on a large arbor reel.

been using it for 17 out of 19 years

..L.T.A.

Back
Top Bottom