Solvent protector left spots on laminate floor. HELP!!!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Thought I posted an answer, but it got lost in cyberspace.

While still damp, it would wipe right up. After drying it should wipe up with a bit more protector on a towel or cloth, as Mikey suggested.

If you are not cleaning it until a few days later, you may have two issues to deal with.

1) The solvent carrier could leave a clean spot on the wood floor. It may take cleaning the entire floor to hide the clean spot. The Bridgepoint Wood Floor Cleaning System would handle this.

2) The protector left after the solvent evaporated can have a different sheen or gloss level than the wear layer finish on the laminate floor. This will clean off with a little alkaline cleaner and a couple minutes dwell time.

You can use a 11+ prespray, Traffic Slam, Flex or whatever or you could use an alkaline hard surface cleaner such as Viper Venom.

Should not be a big deal to remove upholstery protector because it will not adhere well to the floors wear layer.

F

FB7777

Did you at least go out an inspect the concern after the customer called?

or did you tell them..." hold on for a day or two while I check with my bulletin board buddies about how YOU should handle the problem that I caused " :mrgreen: :shock:

Even if the customer says "hey its no big deal but..." I am insistant that I make a return visit and correct the problem.

The same people that don't make a big deal out of an issue they have are the same people that vote with their feet and silently walk away from your company for all future business.

Your headline to this thread leads me to believe it is a big concern to you but you left the customer with their own mineral spirits and a rag to clean up your mess.

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
I agree 100% Fred, you don't want the customer touching it, and I'd get out there asap and it should be an easy fix. If they screw it up they might then want you to fix an even bigger problem.

hanks75

You must be nuts, or smoking on a left-handed cigarette!! Of course I went to the home, and the customer insisted that I not come back out. I had already been there twice, after my techs had been there once themselves. My repeat business speaks for itself bro. Trust me, I know how to treat my customers. Honestly, I'm offended that you suggest that I might have left my customer hangin. On my watch, It's not an option. I appreciated your concern though!!!

ShaneMark

hanks75 said:
How can I removed spots left by overspray of maxim solvent protector?

Another method for overspray removal involves dissolving the overspray with solvents, such as lacquer thinner, and rubbing it off.

Try it one. This may help you out.

Carpet Cleaner

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom