Some Help with Rug ID Please

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I am about half way through with my biggest single rug job to date. Picked up 24 rugs from one house last week, all sizes and kinds. Here is a couple of pics of 2 that I am not sure I should tackle.

Could you please help Id and offer suggestions to clean, or should I just take them back. The pics are not great but I think they are lambskin backs.

Thanks in advance
PicsfromMay122010017.jpg

PicsfromMay122010022.jpg

A

amazingcleansc

BLewis said:
Yes, mostly dirty on the edges

hmm. my gut tells me treat it like wool and dont get the backing wet. can you dry vac it?

if it were me, I'd call steve poulos, but thats just me.

John Watson

I take the easy way out, I send them to DA Burns. Brian said their easy to clean, I said OK I'll bring them down.

If Brian doesn't tell you how to do them, those are small enough to roll and wrap and send by UPS or another courieer to a plant cleaner whom does skins without skinning you or your client.

A powder tumbler will also work, just lots of time combing powder out. but, any cleaning process is going to require combing out..

Name
Ron lippold
i just did two like that last week judson and rinse with dri master hand tool then comb out with velvit brush. came out great. when those little fookers have four legs they get rained on all the time. they dry out just fine. 8)

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Thanks to all, Ron. I'm going to test an area. If that doesn't work I have worked out a solution.

Ron K

Wash it in a Pit unless the back is brittle. If you are going to send it out source it to someone who has the Auserehlian System, Air Dust and Air Wash is great since you won't have to comb it out, the air tool fluffs these out like nothing else.

harryhides

Name
Tony
The safest way to clean these is keep the back ( leather side ) from getting wet.
Lots of leathers can be wet without any problems but not all so test with a drop of water to see if it stays dark after drying.

The hair side is wool and is easily cleaned with any chems that you'd use on wool with a good hand tool, with an internal jet.
You can also use an encap if they are not very dirty and you're worried and then brush/vacuum off.
Using compressed air is the best way to fluff up the wool and remove any remaining bits of whatever was missed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom