Some Holiday advice from Me.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
danielc said:
I always give gift certificates.

Can't go wrong there.

Gift certificates are the "fruitcakes" of the new millennia.
Inasmuch as the givers often are clueless to how thoughtless they are.

Don't get me wrong, I like getting them, but it is at the expense of the loss of respect that I hold for the giver.
If you ever get one from me, it means I did not care enough to have put much thought in the matter.

You might as well trade dollar bills.

Maybe it's just my cultural understanding of the holiday here. !gotcha!

The best gift I ever got was a rifle that my little brother gave me 20 or so years ago. It was not a new gun, or one he just bought. It was something that meant something to him...and then to me.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I try to give small yet useful gifts...

My sister had her car stolen last year and I bought her "The Club", an air freshener, a Jesus Fish Decal and a new Travel Mug for her new car...

My daughter had been struggling with school so I got her a new calculator, pencils, pens, bookbag, erasers, paper & new glasses.

My Brother had been drinking a tad bit more than I thought he should & I got him a case of "Near Beer" & punctured his eardrum so he can still fall down without being drunk...

My wife had been gaining weight & a tad bit stingy in the bedroom for about a month before her birthday so I got a gift card to Layne Bryants Secret...

Oddly enough my family and I arent all that close.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom