Some HWE Hate

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Gotta Love Craigslist : )

Before you pay for a steam cleaner to come in and soak your carpets or a dry powder cleaner to fill your carpet with dust please call Green Earth Carpet Cleaning. Our method is a low moisture encapsulation cleaning that actually cleans much better, stains do not come back, and your carpet will resist dirt like crazy.Our method is eco friendly and is safe for children and pets. Family owned and operated, so you will be dealing with me and not an underpaid technician who does not care about the quality you receive!
No hoses running through your home. Our method can be walked on during and immediately after cleaning and will be totally dry in about an hour.

Please visit our website for more details on our method and amazing before and after pictures. We also clean upholstery and do commercial accounts as well. We offer flat rate pricing with no hidden fees. $45 per room (2 room minimum. Large oversize rooms such as bonus rooms count as 2 rooms) Hallways are $20 and steps are $2.50 each. All major credit cards accepted with a 3% convenience fee.

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/hss/3943177060.html

Rug Doctors soak carpets! Complain to the chain stores bubba.

Hater : )

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Eventually : )
Gonna Start the HW buffin bit next.

I actually looked at that same ad more than once, funny you posted it.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Cleaner contains "soileze", another one of ricky's cult of scampooers.

Reactions: GCCLee

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
No scampoo threads are allowed while jimmy is in charge....

Seriously though chris i wouldn't worry about craigslist too much.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Chris I do not see why you termed this thread SOME HWE HATE ??? The website in question is using OP for cleaning carpet and the only way to show the benefits of their method compared to others is by comparison and that is exactly what he has done. If you see this as a threat then maybe you should give OP a shot instead of trying to defend the way you are cleaning carpet now. At the end of the day the only thing that matters is that your customers are thrilled and you make a great profit . Let your clients speak for you after all that is all that matters.

I sure would like to see MB put on fast forward to saaay 10 years ahead of know.:biggrin:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Chris I do not see why you termed this thread SOME HWE HATE ??? The website in question is using OP for cleaning carpet and the only way to show the benefits of their method compared to others is by comparison and that is exactly what he has done. If you see this as a threat then maybe you should give OP a shot instead of trying to defend the way you are cleaning carpet now. At the end of the day the only thing that matters is that your customers are thrilled and you make a great profit . Let your clients speak for you after all that is all that matters.

I sure would like to see MB put on fast forward to saaay 10 years ahead of know.:biggrin:
you'd be 10 years older and
deeper in debt!
and a little more ugly!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Funny that the picture he posted about his low moisture cleaning is obviously an HWE job--you can tell from the wand patterns.

may not be, Steve
a post vac is commonly needed on cut piles ..and pretty much a sure thing on staple fiber goods to get rid of all the fuzzballs

I sure would like to see MB put on fast forward to saaay 10 years ahead of [now]

what do you think you'll see??

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Derek

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mardie,
Maybe a whack from a wand in your head would help.

: )

probably not .
I like Mardie , he cares about his work and custys ....that makes him "al'ite" in my book regardless if he's stuck in the twilight zone or not

But , ever the optimist I am, hope springs eternal he'll figure it out sooner or later.....:icon_razz:

..L.T.A.

cleancorp

Not a hater

Hey guys, glad to see my ad is getting so much attention. Those are vac lines, not a wand thank you. I am not a hater. It is just all in the marketing. I have to make people see the benefits of going low moisture as a HWE guy should try to get people to see the benefits of his method. Most of the HWE guys here in east tn do terrible work though. Splash and dash guys and I have had to fix a lot of their work. But there are some who take the extra time to do a better job. I find most HWE guys are usually the haters of OP and that HWE is the only way to clean. Some of you guys are just too sensitive:cry: There is plenty of work out there, just market your method, whatever it is, and do your best to make the customer happy. Then they won't have to call me. :biggrin:

Reactions: Mikey P

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Hey guys, glad to see my ad is getting so much attention. Those are vac lines, not a wand thank you. I am not a hater. It is just all in the marketing. I have to make people see the benefits of going low moisture as a HWE guy should try to get people to see the benefits of his method. Most of the HWE guys here in east tn do terrible work though. Splash and dash guys and I have had to fix a lot of their work. But there are some who take the extra time to do a better job. I find most HWE guys are usually the haters of OP and that HWE is the only way to clean. Some of you guys are just too sensitive:cry: There is plenty of work out there, just market your method, whatever it is, and do your best to make the customer happy. Then they won't have to call me. :biggrin:

Oh chiiit....gotta get me popcorn...

Mikey P

Administrator
Like Chavez says, I offer all methods.
Once I explain the pros and con's of each, 99.999999.1 chose the Aerotecstraction option..

We did have to 175/cotton pad/encamp a room or two in an assured living home last week due to accessibility issues.

Came out decent enough.

Name
jack zerkie
I have both system but I still use the truckmount 99.9 % . I use my orbot only on some commercial accounts.It,s really hard to teach a old dog like me to change. At 32 yrs of cpt cleaning and oldtimmers. I only know what works for me, I love my wanda. jz.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I have both systems. At 32 yrs of cpt cleaning and oldtimmers. I only know what works for me. jz.

Yeah, I can relate to that.

'cept; I can add an extra decade. :icon_cry:

Great results :stir: can even be gained by using a rotary to pre-scrub, :stir: prior to using a porty and cold water, with the proper chemicals and techniques.

However, I'm to freekin' old and lazy to do that now, the machines is too heavy, 'n I forgets where all the hoses go. :hopeless:

A decade ago, this old dog got learned about VLM from the master himowndamnself, and was converted.:shifty:

BUT I still keeps many extraction tools at the ready for particular jobs.

Any jobs that require HWE and I consider are to big for me, I pass on.

Most dry matter in a carpet will be removed using a GOOD vacuum CORRECTLY and not like a Juan Fangio going over it.

What's left will be water or solvent soluble areas which again, with the right chemistry and techniques, should be removed unless they are permanently stained.

:very_drunk:

Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Foolish cleaners are 1-trick ponies, most here can and do offer more than one method. The day of you're either one or the other is coming to a close.

Blaming it on "Marketing" is a lame ass excuse. It's negative marketing, UN-necessary, you could have just focused on the positive of Low Moisture cleaning instead of knocking other methods. :oldrolleyes:

I seriously doubt all of your competition is "soaking carpets" or that the technicians are under paid.

Knocking your competition is never a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name
Andy McFadden
Here is a copy of a reply I gave on another board when I was basically asked why I changed from "Padden McFadden" to "Steamin McFadden" think it is relevant here ,

"THe main thing is this Con, I was doing very good work with OP, however I found that I was constantly having to explain the method, having to sell it or in some cases justify it. I was able to do that probably as well as any one else and most phone calls turned in to jobs. But I did get a few per month that just didn't seem to get it.

3 things happened, I began after a year or two to get tuned in to peoples body language, I started noticing what they were saying (with out them saying it) also some people would just say it, "I just don't get how that thing cleans" or after I threw my first pad down "are you really going to clean my carpet with that towel!!? etc These were bolder people who spoke their mind, most people are going to be nice and not say a thing, but just never have you back.

Or what would happen often is I would clean the job and do great work, but there would be 1 spot that didn't come out, I would hear "do you think if I use my brothers steam cleaner (prolly a bissle) that spot will come out? Or do you think if I have a steam cleaner come in that spot will come out?

I began to realize that no matter how good I did, if the job didn't come out perfect , in the mind of the customer it was cause I used an inferior method. THis was something that I was picking up on quite often weather they said it or not. I noticed almost always the people would say "great job, the best ever' but would never have me back or give me referrals.

So long story short
I thought I should get a TM to see how people in general would respond. I hated using it at first thought it was real hard work. But I began to notice peoples attitude changing. With OP , if the spot didn't come out (in the mind of the customer) it was because it was not steamed,

but with the TM if the spot didn't come out then the spot was permanent.

Also I noticed that I never had to explain anything, about the TM. Primarily at first this is why I started using the TM more and more. Then after awhile I got the drill down, I found it to be easier , faster and did a better job. And the customers treated me different, not that they treated me bad before , but when they saw the steam billowing and heard that sucking howl of the wand they were impressed right from the start, in a way they never were with OP.

I was able to stack more work in a day, and noticed after the first year of offering it, my repeats and referrals went thru the roof. I did OK with repeats and referrals with Op, but , with TM it easily tripled . Also the first year I was offering both methods, I would tell them about both , they almost always said give me the TM.

With out changing my prices I went to averaging $75 per hour to $100 per hour.

The big difference was the repeat and referrals that took my business to a new level. An the PM work I got that I couldn't t get before , yes I lost lots of PM work opportunity's cause they want the TM.

Also I was not having to spend energy closing phone calls, just say yep I got a TM and this is the price , done deal !!

this is it in a nut shell, although their is much more to the story , but who the heck wants to read a 2 hour long post?"

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's a great story Andy.

So it really wasn't so much that it cleaned better it was more what the customer perceived as not clean enough even though HWE may have looked the same or worse?

I actually feel comfortable using low moisture even on heavily soiled carpet, what keeps me from using it on heavily soiled carpet is the production time.

Reactions: Derek

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
And to think andy paddy steamin McFadden is doing that with an odin electromount.... :lol: shit sirrrrrrrer. just messing with ya!

Btw I typed this right after I put away my orbot and pads, as I finished a padding job that was not accessible with tm.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We clean 4,000sq/ft with Orbots last week, it was the first time I was ever disappointed in the results using OP. I had the supervisor that cleaned with me call and check on the results. The facility manager said it looked good but if we wanted to hit it again he was good with it but we didn't have to.

They told me it looked fantastic in the areas I was most disappointed in, they touched up a couple of areas where they had put some replacement tiles in next to the worn ones but over all it looked great.

So while it looked dark when damp, it wasn't soil causing the darkness. Just the moisture from the pads. :icon_cool:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Well you lied didn't you? :p

A well rounded cleaner has many tools at their disposal. I love low moisture cleaning, it has it's place just as steam cleaning does but to say one method is better than there other????

Better for what? I'd have to know more info, soiling conditions, drying conditions, direct glue down, tiles?

Last edited by a moderator:

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
G'day this is my first post here. I'm a carpet cleaner down under in sunny South Australia. Saw this thread and thought I'd make my first diggs into this fancy forum here.

I actually use both methods conjunctively, I give the carpet a really good vacuum with a Kirby on three axis using a fresh bag. Client keeps the bag on completion of service.

Then I pre-spray the carpet with my encapsulating pre-spray and groom it in with a scrub machine. It dwells for about 10 minutes and then I use hot water extraction to rinse as much soil and treatment chems out as I can. I use an encapsulating acid rinse agent in the extractor too. This ensures me a good result, loads of soil recovery and an excellent residue profile.

Cheers.

Nice forum.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom