some mytee upgrades

jcdsog

im about to do some pretty nice upgrades to my 1003dx. where can i get a cfm or lift guage to test the before and after results? and id be more than happy to send before and after pics and results.

thanks,
j

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
James;

Are you installing some of the new more-efficient vac motors ?

Those will give you some performance increases.

The most practical way to test...
would be to compare lift readings as close to the wand head as feasible.

Larry

jcdsog

no. as far as vac, im gonna put a double 2" stack with a nice manifold i found online. id just like to know the gain on it. the way the 1003dx is built i only have one 2" intake on the fan shroud. wish i could get 2 tho. i just think its a low cost upgrade so why not test the differences to see the gain.

unfortunately, all i have is a 50' and a 25' of 1.5" hose. id like to test it with the 1.5" hose at 25, 50, and 75. but i am so lookin forward to gettin some 2" and test those results as well.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
James;

One vac motor upgrade will give you more performance increase;

than changes in plumbing stacks (@ about the same cost).

Larry

jcdsog

really? i heard the mytee vacs were specially wound for them. ive got 2 lamb 3 stages already. what would you suggest.

and i wouldnt imagine double stacks hurtin. i figure letting them fight for air in the vac line rather than in the stack and the vac line. and id like to test it out with a cfm or lift guage if possible. atleast to show if the mod was worth it.

jcdsog

and im putting in a nice auto fill and auto dump in the machine. i do mosty commercial jobs so it will surely pay for itself. sure beats having to stop every 30-45 min.

ill be posting before and after pics.

and the mytee is a great machine. just tweaking it to be more productive.

Spurling

jcdsog said:
and im putting in a nice auto fill and auto dump in the machine. i do mosty commercial jobs so it will surely pay for itself. sure beats having to stop every 30-45 min.

ill be posting before and after pics.

and the mytee is a great machine. just tweaking it to be more productive.

I bought a machine with auto fill and dump for a large commercial account I have ... thinking I could be more productive ... until I realized I would need 200 feet of fill and dump hose to reach the slop sink as well as moving them around .. what a pain in the ass that would be .. so running to the sink every 30-45 min works for me .. also 5 min break while filling/dumpin

Spurling

Oh p.s. if you could park the porty by the sink and run long hose runs .. that would work great

Greenie

We (BuzzBac and I) were pimpin' his ninja today, and just for kicks strung out 100' of 2" coolcuff equipped hose to see how vac had increased, it was impressive, you'd be hard pressed to see a drop of a single cfm, so he said what the hell, and he rolled off the rest of the 2" from his truckmount, 300' total on the pimped GreenBac, there was significant drop in overall vacuum, but you would be surprised how the vac recovered once you gave it a few seconds to energize the additional hose length, I was very impressed and I would Never condone these extreme lengths on a porty.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
jcdsog said:

Try an in-line autodump - you won't regret it.
You don't have to move your HWE machine and enjoy longer vac hose runs. Here is what we make up
Pumpout1.jpg

Here is the internals
Pumpout2internal.jpg

roro

Brett

Greenie, what kind of mods did you make and did you try suckin any water with it?

Greenie

Rewired the whole thing (had multiple haphazard repairs, so we just started from scratch, including new 50' 12/3 cord, Buzzbac is good with sparky stuff), one of the vacs was bad, so installed a new 12.5amp 3 stage, modified the lid with a 2" coolcuff, very hard to do on a ninja, tight space and all, and yes, we did a water test (you watching?) to see how it gulped standing water from a 5 gal bucket, ended up installing a deflection shield in the lid, the additional vac would pull water through vacs without it, the coolcuff really opened it up a lot, still a small tank for regular flood extraction, but would be sweet for carpet cleaning, was gonna sell the unit when done, but Cu liked it so much he wasn't lettin' go of it, so we're workign on two more units this week, as well as a 59 blower TM.
lots of fun on a 60 deg. Cali day.
and yes the 300' of hose was real. :shock: Make a hell of a vacuum booster for the little Avenger TM we also pimped this week.

Brett

How many vacs total is the ninja running, and is the new 12.5 the same one in your M5

jcdsog

hey ross.

i actually thought of doing the pump out inline. i just couldnt find anything to house it in. all i could find were regular 5 and 6.5 gallon buckets online and there were 2 problems with that. 1) i wasnt sure in the buckets would be strong enough not to implode or crack and 2) the bottom of a bucket is only 10 inches wide so it would have been real tight in there.

but the setup is a great idea.

Greenie

It's running just 2 vacs (all you really need), and the 12.5 is a standard Lamb 765, it's what I had on the shelf.
If more people saw a properly plumbed unit, they wouldn't be shopping for porty nirvana constantly, they just be cleaning.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
We used stainless steel as much as possible - body,handle,pump,fasteners,and inlet-outlet. On later ones I did change to a plastic cuff that I could get off the shelf as the stainless ones had to be machined. The lid is a poly-carbonate so Mrs P can see all that dirty ceerap coming out of her carpet. The cloth bag goes over a larger meshed filter.

Because we can put the unit as close to the wand as we want it enables us to do very long hose runs as the HWE is only pulling air back. Other benefit is the vac motors run drier - and hence last longer.

roro
heaterandport.jpg

inlinepumpout.jpg

This is towards the end of a regular job at one of our largest sites - well over 200 feet of vac hose but as all the experts know - you can't do that with a porty. Yeah right. :wink:

roro

jcdsog

just givin an update. did a little work today.

still waitin on some parts to come in as usual. boy that mytee is tight in there. but all went well and im pleased. had a little clearance issues with some fittings but all worked out pretty good.

this is just for the auto dump and fill.

100_0596a.jpg

100_0597a.jpg

100_0598a.jpg

100_0599a.jpg

100_0600a.jpg

100_0601a.jpg

100_0602a.jpg

100_0603a.jpg

100_0604a.jpg

and let me tell ya. it sure was hard makin that first cut.
the point of no return. but with no risk, there is no gain.

ill post more pics when i do some more to it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom