Some new goodies from Sapphire @ Vegas

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
if that wand sucks as well as claimed, and used as suggested (push froward to squeegee) it will be a man killer even if teflon

which begs the question, how much are the replacement glide heads and what's it's made of?

..l.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
just what I said..."man killer"

my shoulders scream just thinking about that compared to a water claw

I understand they'd like to find uses for that blunder they call the Strykeout wand
Maybe they can do something to it and market it as a pool clEaner

..L.T.A.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
just what I said..."man killer"

my shoulders scream just thinking about that compared to a water claw

I understand they'd like to find uses for that blunder they call the Strykeout wand
Maybe they can do something to it and market it as a pool clEaner

..L.T.A.

Well it's official! This product will be a tremendous success, because Larry already hates it! Heck he'll even keep the thread going for us, arguing about how it must be a failure. You just can't buy that kind of multilevel marketing :-)

On a serious note the wand will list for $599.00, replacement heads will be $89 although it will take a lot of water damages to wear to out. As far as replacing your water claw Larry, we aren't making any claims about that since it's really designed to improve the initial bulk water extraction more effectively while also being a great total extraction tool for small WD's of a couple hundred square feet. motorized extraction is still the best hands down.

Oh and besides being a heck of a lot better at extracting than a tool you DRAG backwards pushing forward with your body is much better for your back.

Mikey P

Administrator
Bill, will a normal wand handled version be an option?

Tall cleaners cant work with the angle the Baby Beluga/Ergo contraption forces you to use (at least on the Stryker it did) maybe since no triggering is needed this may work...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Well it's official! This product will be a tremendous success, because Larry already hates it! Heck he'll even keep the thread going for us, arguing about how it must be a failure. You just can't buy that kind of multilevel marketing :-)

i didn't say it was a "failure" ...I said it will be a "man killer"
Watching that kid in the vid push the damn thing only confirmed that

how many wands have you pushed in your life for a living , Bill?
and i don't mean "pushed" on distys to sell

now, you can go pound salt for all i care

have a nice day

..l.T.A.

Last edited:

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Thanks for keeping this thread going Larry! We need your help to get the message out :-)
Oh and while I know it's popular to think that people who work in the manufacturing side of our industry are all white shirts and Harvard MBA's I've "pushed" many a wand and still clean my own carpet unless I pay one of the folks on this board to do it when I can't..
So while you can make your argument work with some others they don't hold water with me.

Have a nice day :-)

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
forgive my audaciousness Mr B but what i really want is a Vortex slide-in.

Not Sapphire and certainly not goodies from Ken and Barbie's Easy Bake oven.

3231585456_89732abd1f.jpg

Is it possible to switch labels on the front of your 370 and find a machine shop that specializes in metal?

If you're truly a carpet cleaner 1st and a white collar guy 2nd you understand my point of view.

FredC

Village Idiot
forgive my audaciousness Mr B but what i really want is a Vortex slide-in.

Then shouldn't you be talking to your buddy instead of shitting on threads as part of you little vortex campaign this evening? Just to be clear that wasn't really a question.......

I'm sure Bill doesn't mind the thread bump......but.........

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
OK George, I'll bite,

what features are you looking for in a slide in that are currently not available on the market?

besides a red swirlie logo

59 blower?
33 blower?
Cat pump?
General?
high pressure?
all stainless construction?
loads of safety features?
a complete lack of safety features?
heat exchangers?
fuel fired?
sitting on top of a fresh tank or waste tank?
narrow?
wide?
unpainted?
blue?
red?
yellow?
loud?
whisper quite?
made by some dude in his sears tool shed on sunday afternoons?
made in a production line facility non stop and sold all over the world?
60 horses?
35 ponies?
electric?
$5k?
$10k?
$30k?
new?
used?
a hand shoved up your ass making your lips move to make his point?
channeled through Shirley McClain's spirit to make his point?
or?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Thanks for keeping this thread going Larry!

my pleasure
Cause believe it or not, i DON'T have an unfavorable view of SS products
i think most of your products are top line

I've "pushed" many a wand .

cool.
cause I know it's man killer and I now know you know it too

I still think you should offer a set of extension tubes as an optional
When they're done extracting water from the closet, they can clean the pool too:rockon:

..l.T.A.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
No Larry it's not a man killer and I will explain why. You see the unique (patent pending) design and location of the vac release system lets you gradually increase the amount of vacuum you apply to the area you are extracting. Had the area in the video been properly extracted by a tool that could do the job Mitch wouldn't have had to go at it so aggressively. It's worth noting that the flood house was at this point behind schedule for the next demonstration because it needed to have the excess water removed. So fast work was required. Oh and for anyone who is wondering about how much time the other tool company was given to do the job. They had the same amount of time as the motorized extraction tool which they claim to beat. I think there is plenty of evidence here of real world results performed in front of whoever wanted to watch it happen.

As for building pool cleaning equipment I'll happily leave that to others to do. With 32 years of experience building the finest drying equipment in the world Dri-Eaz is very content focusing on what they do best.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I just watched both videos and see in the SS video, that they are extracting a large amount of water after the new Aqua Helix. Did anyone try these wands against a water claw? So far, it looks like the SS wand is being promoted as a better extraction tool in this video.

Mark Saiger

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Sorry about that Mr B. I believe there is a technical term for it... Can't remember so I'm gonna refer to it as "carpet bombing". Please correct me if i'm wrong but haven't we been subject to non-stop carpet bombing by Sapphire threads for over a week now? Just to be clear that really wasn't a question. So, please please call off your dogs! - FredC, i been pushing a wand since long before you were born, sunny boy, and still work so hard it officially qualifies as cruelty to animals. me...

Mikey,

You know i like you so i'm gonna give you some free advice. When you sit down at the keyboard to "bang" with me always wear a tin foil hat. Because, I can read your mind.. :neutral:

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

Has anyone ever heard of Krispy Kreme Donuts before? They aren't too special but for some reason when they open a new location there is always a line of people out-the-door and around the building for a week straight. i know other places to get donuts. but, when i take my family out for donuts you bet your sweet bippie we are going to Krispy Kreme.

We'll, Vortex is my Krispy Kreme. Is that so f'ng hard to understand? I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Mikey, your not going to like what I have to say next but i have to say it.

ahhh, never mind... In the best interest of peace i've decided to keep my mouff shut and drop the subject. Please accept my apologies if anyone was offended.

One last thing.

Mikey! don't forget what i said about the tin foil hat.

FredC

Village Idiot
Just to be clear that really wasn't a question. So, please please call off your dogs! - FredC, i been pushing a wand since long before you were born, sunny boy, and still work so hard it officially qualifies as cruelty to animals. me...

I wouldn't be proud of that......you should be retired if thats the case........

and Krispy Kreme Rocks..........

Mikey P

Administrator
KK's suck

like cotton candy, melt in your mouf in seconds and a belly ache for the next 12 hours.

I just dont have much of a sweet toof. Gimmie a ripe peach or nectarine any day.

or better yet a honey fig

or even better, a strawberry papaya with a wedge of lime on Tunnles Beach.

FredC

Village Idiot
yeah...forgive me if I don't put a whole lot of stock in your opinion of tasty...........

Mikey P

Administrator
I shit you not, I was sitting on this beach enjoying a papaya smoothie in 2004 when Paula and I decided to move forward with the Vortex purchase.

http://youtu.be/2mV-cyGv60I

Troy Swackhammer was smart enough to send a gullible ego driven fool like me a well formulated brochure with a tagline reading something like "dont let another carpet cleaner in your city beat you to it..."

I actually brought that pamphlet with us to Kauai

Like most guys, once I want a new toy , like that old commercial that toy sits on my shoulder until I either buy it or loose interest..

I think about 35 weeks per year there is some toy straining my neck

Currently residing there is this baby..

54670-0-large.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
jeeze Larry and here I thought you had me all figured out.

one side case will be full of Frankenberry Crunch and the other chilled Soymilk.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
No Larry it's not a man killer and I will explain why. You see the unique (patent pending) design and location of the vac release system lets you gradually increase the amount of vacuum you apply to the area you are extracting.
Had the area in the video been properly extracted by a tool that could do the job Mitch wouldn't have had to go at it so aggressively. It's worth noting that the flood house was at this point behind schedule for the next demonstration because it needed to have the excess water removed. So fast work was required. Oh and for anyone who is wondering about how much time the other tool company was given to do the job. They had the same amount of time as the motorized extraction tool which they claim to beat. I think there is plenty of evidence here of real world results performed in front of whoever wanted to watch it happen.

Bill, I hate poke holes all thru that...but i have to

"it's not a man killer and I will explain why. You see the unique (patent pending) design and location of the vac release system lets you gradually increase the amount of vacuum you apply to the area you are extracting"

Maybe Mitch should be better instructed in that, cause it sure doesn't look like that in vid, Bill
might want to have look how it's being operated .
I could be wrong , looks difficult to "gradually increase" vac...it's going to be opened or closed in the "real" world

Oh, and take a look at Mitch's right arm (43-47 second mark )
The man is working hard

Had the area in the video been properly extracted by a tool that could do the job Mitch wouldn't have had to go at it so aggressively.

You'll have to help me with that one, Bill (seriously) cause I'm confused .
If we're using your new tool to extract a "small WD" 200-300sf was your figure, how is the tool used?
don't we have to bear down "aggressively" on the tool to squeegee pad regardless?

BTW, Mitch used the same stroke on the motorized side
at appx 208 Kevin tells us he's "pressing into it pretty hard" on the motorized extracted part

it's the "bearing down" to squeegee the pad that's a man killer, Bill
It's really hard on the shoulders .
Pulling a weighted drag tool is easier ...back or no back strain, it's more idiot and fatigue proof
Put a magic glide on one of those antique drag tools

It's worth noting that the flood house was at this point behind schedule for the next demonstration because it needed to have the excess water removed. So fast work was required.

by who?
Mitch?
Clarify the point of that comment

Oh and for anyone who is wondering about how much time the other tool company was given to do the job. They had the same amount of time as the motorized extraction tool which they claim to beat.
I think there is plenty of evidence here of real world results performed in front of whoever wanted to watch it happen.

I'm going to start another thread on that one ..look for "Prochem Aqua-Helix vs Sapphire WD StickVac " (unless there is an "official' name for it)
I'll be sure to mention "their claim" of out performing the motorized ext'r

One last question .
How well will the plastic head and head to tube junction hold up on a tool you regularly bear down aggressively on for max effectiveness?

Thanks

..l.T.A.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
KK's suck

like cotton candy, melt in your mouf in seconds and a belly ache for the next 12 hours.

I just dont have much of a sweet toof. Gimmie a ripe peach or nectarine any day.

or better yet a honey fig

or even better, a strawberry papaya with a wedge of lime on Tunnles Beach.

Never had a problem with KK being hard on digestion now buttermilk doughnuts sit like a rock a burp up all day long. Go eat some fruit.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Krispy Kreme Donuts are nothing but a huge over rated sugar ball.......good at first but in the end will leave a huge cavity in you mouth............your right..........that does sound like a Vortex...........

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom