Some New Pics

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Really sweet Matt, nice job!

One comment...the wiring could all be in a harness or a shrink wrap tube right there off your switches! but otherwise real nice! Small band ties would work jus as well!

I'm glad it's YOU that's carrin' on......!

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Matt, did you refab that machine?

It looks great. Very nice.

Couple of things I'm curious about or think are awesome.

Love the 3/8" plumbing
Blower exchanger from John?
Why the gate style plastic valve on the waste tank?
47 blower?
Describe your chem injection and why its better or does not fail.
Is that a relief valve on the blower itself?

Jay D

Name
Jay D
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!! :D hAVE YOU decided what they are going for and are you willing to post it. I think you did a great Job Matt. I hope you start selling them on a regular basis........ Do It people need nice simple and easy to work on machines..... more power to you. 45 or 47 blower and what options?

Matt King

Yes, I redesigned the entire unit on a cad program top to bottom, front to back. I tried to keep the original S.G. design and basic layout though.. The wastetank is darn near original specs with the exception of the redesigned bottom and blower filter plumbing. The first few tanks were mig welded but all new tanks are tig welded for a superb finish. I don't know how they did them before to be honest. Shawn probably knows.. Both the blower and liquid heat exchangers are made by John. They do cost more money but if you've ever had a pos HX'er you're bound to appreciate the quality they put into their exchangers. For the waste tank valve, a guy can have whatever he wanted for no extra cost. The reason I used it is you can rebuild the valve (new seals or entire center assembly) without unbolting the wastetank and lifting it up. You would have to do that to unscrew any other valve if it started to leak or wear. Just remove the 4 small bolts/nuts and the whole thing slides apart. I did use the stainless handle instead of the plastic handles that tend to break. I only have the 47 blower, no 45.. I'll have another blower option on the way though. The chemical injection won't fail because there's no injector. It's the same simple siphon system that S.G. always used. Just turn the gate valve on the left hand side of the machine slightly closed, this forces the pump to pull water from another source. In this case that other source is the chemical jug. You meter it into the machine with the flow meter which has the optional stainless internals. And yes, the vacuum relief valve is directly off the blower. As for the wiring, I just tried to make it clean and simple to repair if needed. I'm not sure if you use a relay switch Bob but it was kind of tough to make one harness and keep it easily accessible with the necessary auto shutdowns I used. I did try it that way and just didn't like it. Maybe I'll give it another go... Everything is color coded and simple to follow though.. Thanks for the input and positive comments! Seriously, I've been trying to perfect the machine and drivetrain for the last year and a half. It's kind of been a pita but I was hoping people would like it.. Pricing will be about where everyone else is.. 18-19 range through a distributor. If I could make it cheaper, believe me I would. I'm a 1 man show carpet cleaner who has zero buying power at the moment so I'm paying about what anyone else would for parts and steel. Stainless is a fortune at the moment and to machine the new drivetrain is expensive too.. I do appreciate the kind words!... At least now I can say I tried.. Thanks! Oh, I forgot to add, the new wastetank can be mounted anywhere in the van you want. Drivers side, passenger side or even out the side door. That was the other change I made is added brackets to the tank and optional floor mounting brackets so you can put it wherever..

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Matt...my mechanic showed me how to fab a wiring harnes...he starts with all the wires in one bundle, wraps them and allows only the wire that comes out at a particular point...it takes time and a few practices then secure the harness to the control panel wit special clips!

glenboy

Name
GLEN
i have a sg pto 45 was wonderin if you could help me improve my idle control i currently use an elec solenoid for hi / lo and i was wonderin how you monitor your R.P.M. and what rpm u use for cleanin :oops:

R

R W

That's cool, Matt. I want to build a unit someday with some of the spare blowers and stuff around the garage. I was thinking of a small V/6 - V/8 set up, something like the Big Daddy that Johns Custom Heat Exchangers builds.

You can also buy small, used turbines in airplane and parts catalogs. Now that would be neat....

G

Looks great Matt.. What type of black paint is that? Wrinkle finish?

Matt King

A V6 would be pretty cool. I have a Vortec V6 in the shop we got for 50 bucks. Some guy who was running drugs dumped a Ton of money into high performance parts and had it in an Astro van. Forged crank,rods large cam etc.. (Why I'll never understand). Anyhow the van ended up totaled in a chase or something but the motor was perfect. It's sitting on a cart and sometimes I'll look at it and think how cool a monster blower would be strapped to the back of it. It's such a short motor.. Bob's right, it's is powder coated with a textured finish. I'll probably have a few color options available in case a guy doesn't want black. The van rpm is controlled with an electronic high idle device. Offroad Engineering has them and they may have something for the older vans that would work? I don't really know.. My old pto had that solenoid on the gas pedal like yours does. I have a few different rpm settings but generally keep the vans engine in the 12-1500 rpm range.

danpauselius

You're welcome.

misc2144.jpg

misc2149.jpg

misc2140.jpg

misc2135.jpg

misc2127.jpg

misc2125.jpg

misc2124.jpg

misc2120.jpg

misc2109.jpg

misc2091.jpg