Some theoretical thinking...

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
http://www.powr-flite.com/product/power ... ractors.do?

The above extractors have been around for a long time. Obviously spraying the cleaning solution, agitating and extracting simply is not as effective as Prespray, agitation, and extract. However as a wait for a few rugs to dry, I was contemplating yet another quarrel we always seem to have. Many of use agree that using a detegent to extract with usually yields a little better cleaning in heavily soiled areas. But we also agree that over that there is a potential for chemistry left in the carpet. Time is not always on our side in many jobs to allow us to complete a thorough cleaning and remain profitable.

So the point of this post. I'm surprised with the technology advancements we have had and our general improvement in understanding, that someone has not taken this type of unit above.. designed it from the ground up.

Now anyone is welcome to take advantage of the idea i'm about to present but if you make a million or so.. please send a little support this way! :mrgreen:

So.. take the unit and put spray bar right before the extraction port like on most wands. Place your pile lifter style brush just behind the spray bar. Now add a 2- 3 gallon spray system to the handle and put a low pressure like 55 psi pump behind the rotary cylinder to add your choice of shampoo, or cleaning detergent or prespray. The idea being that once you have presprayed heavy traffic areas, skip the aggitation step. use this wand/machine idea, add a little detergent if need be to boost the cleanning in a particular area, and everythings gets agitated and extracted... Like any rotary extractor you would still need to detail edges. But its just an idea.

excuse the crude design.. but it kinda of illustrates my point.

weirdidea.jpg

I could see something like this also drastically improving production in situations where soiling is light. Combine the Prespray, agitation and rinse in once feel swoop. No switching machines, or changing hoses. Again its just some food for thought.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
If you've already presprayed it would seem redundant to add the chem spray mechanism to the power head device. I used a drag tool porty (designed like the modern day Steamin' Deamon) for many years and hung a trigger sprayer in my pocket full of TLC. I could spray areas as I pulled that needed more emulsfier.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
The vacuum port, and spray bar manifold dur dur dur. The other part is the 2-3 gallon tank for the pre-spray. :mrgreen:

Don't mind Chavez, hes a redneck-mexican. Worst he can do is shank you with his pitchfork, because its clear he can't shoot a gun worth a hoot.

:shock:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I was not blessed with the ability to draw a masterpiece in five minutes.. I swear I was given paws instead of hands!
:mrgreen:

Richard like many people.. you skipped right to the picture didn't you! :lol:

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
If i understand it right I think the extraction part is the weak link in these type machines. Also heavy. A cimex zipper combo seems impossible to beat.

Name
jack zerkie
Rug Dr had two types in the 80,s one type had a single brush low pressure and another with a spinning brush for high pressure with a power cord the high pressure worked well , but heavy looked like the photo. jz.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Art Kelley said:
If you've already presprayed it would seem redundant to add the chem spray mechanism to the power head device. I used a drag tool porty (designed like the modern day Steamin' Deamon) for many years and hung a trigger sprayer in my pocket full of TLC. I could spray areas as I pulled that needed more emulsfier.

Read all the way through... lots of options with the machine...

agitate and extract.. no need for adding a seperate step sometimes. Or maybe lite soiling... no need for a prespray step.. and yet better results than simple running an emulsifier through your system alone. Maybe you have issues with high foamin the carpet.. Now the tank is used to apply defoamer just before you extract instead of having to sprinkle crystal defoamer every 5 feet.

And if you hit heavy soiling.. why stop to spray some extra prespray when you could do it on the fly.. you aren't stopping the wand.. means production stays higher. Or say you just presprayed a little far out and you need to rewet those areas before extraction.. bamn.. done.. no need to go over the area and additional two times..
And remember folks this is just theory
It makes you wonder why technology has not been applied to these types of applications.. Technology like back savers (glides) higher flow, higher heat,, better extraction. Better materials.

Again its just a thought folks.. But I see alot of folks out there who say they would use a pile lifter or preagitate.. who say they would use a neutralizing rinse.. but when it comes down to price and profitability there ate times when we simply can not afford to perform all the extra steps... Often we are forced to more aggresive chemistries to make up for skipping agitation steps or other areas of the cleaning pie.

Heck lets make it simpler.. lets take out the pump and lets make it a supressed gravity feed system and add another brush roll for a counter rotating brush..

(Chavez can do the artwork! 8) ) Add whatever cleaning solution you want and gravity feed it into the Counter rotating brushes. Twice the agitation as before and then good flushing.

Lets let Zipper Eric design it and I bet it would be bullet proof! shiteatinggrin

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
And as the first part of my theory said.. these types of machines have been out for a long while.. but most of the spray bars are positioned before the rotary brush.. instead of rinsing afterwards.

here are some other examples from over the years..

for our link challenged friends:
iipsrv.fcgi

7988_1%5B1%5D.jpg

POWERWAND12.jpg

j]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TBmZHxGOq4j]

j]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTXgEAlC9r0j]
j]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYYDKAFfWnYj]

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We had a Jiro back in the 80's and it had a vibrating power head that put down preconditioner (had a tank in the body) and 6-jet spray bar. It worked, shook the house apart but it agitated and rinsed and vacuumed all in one pass.

A wand has more control for the dirty impacted areas, the boxy head was awkward and while it did ok in the open areas, it was still a drag tool and you spent some time cutting in with a scrub wand.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
So you have one trigger supply power to a 55 PSI Pump, and the rotary brush, and the second to the pressure from the solution hose.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
that is what I was thinking exactly.. one foward pass to prespray and scrub and rinse the back stroke.. Hey we can all daydream a little!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It was low pressure 100 psi the jets need to cleaned often, that head brought up all kinds of sand and grit.
I always wanted to retrofit a high pressure system to see how that would do.

When you dumped the waste tank the amount of grit was amazing, especially considering it was low pressure.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hoody said:
The vacuum port, and spray bar manifold dur dur dur. The other part is the 2-3 gallon tank for the pre-spray. :mrgreen:

Don't mind Chavez, hes a redneck-mexican. Worst he can do is shank you with his pitchfork, because its clear he can't shoot a gun worth a hoot.

:shock:

Isn't that a "Rexican"
And isn't THAT an Asian Mexican?

Chavez, I had no idea....you're probably good at math right?

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Great thread to start the day. The :lol: was better than the thinking :idea:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Doc Holliday said:
Richard like many people.. you skipped right to the picture didn't you! :lol:
Uh huh, hell you wrote a thesis! :p

.....and Hooty if you want I can get a picture where I hit the side of the barn. :shock:
Yeah but you was aiming in the opposite direction...

We call that a boomarang richochet! :mrgreen:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
And folks this is why we call it theoreticall thinking.. in theory I wanted to think.. but Lord knows thats a challenge for all us! :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
sweendogg said:
And folks this is why we call it theoreticall thinking.. in theory I wanted to think.. but Lord knows thats a challenge for all us! :mrgreen:

Welcome to MY world.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom