Some times you just can't win

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
But it's nice to know some people are on to what most of us here are on to
The fact that some people just want it their way and don't care how they get it.

I just received this email:

Hi Brian,

I just want you to know what a great job Ron did when he came out. I understand that the land lord called you and you all are coming back out. I really appreciate it. I am suspicious of the new tenants because when they came by to look at the house, she wanted to rip out the carpet where you are re-doing it for that's where she wanted to put her kitchen table. So if she says she smells something still after today, I feel sorry for the land lords...they may have rented to the wrong tenants. I just wanted you to know that the work done was excellent. Thanks!!

Tami

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Not to be a dick, but if the work was excellent, why are you having to go back out to redo something?

TimP

Doug Cox said:
Not to be a dick, but if the work was excellent, why are you having to go back out to redo something?

For the same reason Crowley is pissed at Rotovac.

You can't please every customer, even if he says you can.

And no matter what Crowley says, I can guarantee that there is at least one customer his business has done work for that have used someone else afterwards because they didn't like something about his business.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
and who's Tami???

she's not the landlord obviously.
is she the previous tenant that stunk up the carpet in the first place??

she have a dog?

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Doug, Dougie, Douglas, Douglemyer.
Dude, I guess you CAN'T read between the lines

she wanted to rip out the carpet where you are re-doing it for that's where she wanted to put her kitchen table

They saw the place before the cleaning and wanted the owners to rip out the carpet.
No matter how well we clean it, they will still want them to rip it out.

Ron almost never has an issue with pet urine and almost never has to go back.

He gets great reviews and cares more about his work than plenty of cleaners I've met.
Not to mention he considers us partners and the guy is always trying to promote the company.
If I ever hired an employee...he would be it...but we both like it this way.

His work doesn't warrant this kind of crap from shitty people (not you, lol)
Would you believe that they called back and want him to go back out tomorrow and do an area upstairs that they didn't want him to redo today?
Fing people....yes they are getting charged because he was planning on just redoing everything and they said no.
Un-Fing-believable.

Can you tell I'm pissed?? lol

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
meAt said:
and who's Tami???

she have a dog?

..L.T.A.

Yes...now that you say that....she could be a little biased. lamo!!

Still, I have faith in Ron and I know they are full of shit.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So what you're saying is, Ron didn't give them realistic expectations. Do you allow your subs to reject any jobs where they know the people will not be happy or the carpet is not worth cleaning, or do you make them do it regardless?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
AND WHO IS TAMI?????

tell me if SHE was the owner of the dog that pissed all over the joint??

if so..what do you expect she's going to say????

come on, Brain, we're not a board full of rookies here

we ALL know it's easy to make a homeowner happy by "improving" their own dog's bathroom.
But it's not as easy making someone happy moving in on some OTHER dogs bathroom

..L.T.A.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
What Meat said.

Please tell us this is isn't as Larry is speculating, because that would just reinforce how I think you operate here, Brian.

lance

Sorry Brian, but if you read your first post without any first hand knowledge it is not written as they looked at the apt. BEFORE it was cleaned......I also thought that they looked at the kitchen-table area after cleaning and before re-cleaning.

Also, who has the final say about the appearence of the carpet? Because Tami likes it a lot......so who ordered the redo? The landlord or the tenents moving in?

Personally, I think one of the biggest "holes" in your system is that you cannot go and look at jobs where problems arise. I bet the customer thinks you are the owner of the company but you aren't.....the sub really is. If I was working with you, and I did a great job with great results, and then the customer called you to redo something I would not go redo the whole job. Maybe one area but certainly not the whole thing.

I am not a big believer in "the customer is always right." Especially when you have someone like Tami telling you how great the job was done. You can't clean wear and tear and neglect.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Brian R said:
meAt said:
and who's Tami???

she have a dog?

..L.T.A.

Yes...now that you say that....she could be a little biased. lamo!!

Still, I have faith in Ron and I know they are full of shit.

I missed this...

as I noted, it's easy to qualify the custy and make them happy when it's "their" dog problem and the home they're "currently" living in.
A new person moving in on someone else's urine is whole 'nother pot of crawdads.

If they put their nose on the carpet and smell any trace of urine..they ain't gonna be happy

Ron should also have enough sense to qualify the landlord to expectations .
If he's guaranteeing 100% removal (or you are) and it doesn't include the "possibility" of replacement ...you're stOOpit

lastly, you "might" be right, that they're just FOS...BUT...you don't "know" that til YOU go put YOUR nose on that rag..
that's YOUR job, Mary...if you're representing that it was "your" CCing biz that does the work...It's YOUR responsibility to go check it out.
Now go do the right thing and check that joint out...go on now, git..I said go on...git, Boy

.L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'll get on the next flight. :roll:

We never guarantee pet urine with cleaning.

When I said "she might be biased" I was conceding to the ex-tennant to new tennant theory.

I know the one who made the mess and is moving out wants it to be perfect so they don't get charged
I know the one moving in wants new everything especially when urine is involved.

Hell, there might even be a little urine smell in the carpet still.

I have to have faith in Ron because my nose can't be there.

Either way, we will take care of it...everyone gets a free redo when pet urine is involved...we charge enough for it to allow for it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Doug Cox said:
What Meat said.

Please tell us this is isn't as Larry is speculating, because that would just reinforce how I think you operate here, Brian.

Pray tell, how do you think I operate Doug?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Brian R said:
[quote="Doug Cox":316psby9]What Meat said.

Pray tell, how do you think I operate Doug?[/quote:316psby9]

Let me put it this way...........

I don't think you paint accurate pictures.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok, I guess I can live with that.

The main picture I paint is quality work and we deliver on that.
The other is great customer service and we deliver on that as well.

What else is there?

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Brian,

A tip for when you go look at the job... carpet is that fuzzy stuff on the floor that people walk on.

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom