Some wool carpet cleaning questions

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Hi,
I just cleaned a home with light grey berber wool carpets.The carpet was old but still in good condition not much wear. There was a lot's of dog pee that showed up on my blacklight but only a few visible stains.
I used Prochem's Axiom prespray and a Groom solutions rinse called Refreshsoft.I didn't get the carpet really wet, used lower pressure (280psi) so I wouldn't go really deep, then did lots of drying passes and stuck driers on immediately to prevent browning.
Just a couple of areas showed a little residual staining from the urine.
I used a coffee tannin spray and misted those areas.
I think I did a good job but i don't do a lot of wool carpets and I am wondering if I am using the best possible products.
Is there a particular prespray for wool that is better than others. How about preventing browning? Are all low PH rinses the same, or are there some rinses that will prevent wicking and browning better than others? I have tried several different rinses but I have not been able to really see any differences. So I just pick the one that smells best to me. Is there a low PH rinse that has it all?
For severe urine contamination, what should I use on wool? Normally I use Master Blend urine lock which works really well on synthetics but I'm not sure about using it on wool.
I called pro's Choice about what to uses on the remaining urine discoloration and they recommended Stain Magic for wool. Has anyone here used this product?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I would suggest Wool Perfect as a prespray. Works well plus It carries the WoolSafe approval.

Because wool is very absorbent, there is a greater possibility of wicking during the drying phase. Wool Zone is an acid rinse safe for wool and a bit more encapsulation polymer added to reduce or prevent wicking.

Wool Medic is a pretreatment for wool with organic contamination, specifically wool. Works well for rugs as well as wall-to-wall wool.

I agree with the use of Stain Magic for Wool for remaining discoloration. SMW works well, but urine is tough on wool and can damage the fibers and the dyes. Watch your results carefully.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom