Something new from Google

Mikey P

Administrator

Not all areas or cleaners will qualify.
They scrape the internet looking for cleaners like me who have an active web presence and reach out to them is email with an offer.
After passing muster and proof of insurance you'll be set up with a app to control your campaign much like Adwords. No contracts, pay per call at a reasonable rate, the customer is Google Guaranteed if you're a flake and your dad only pops up if they type in terms like "carpet cleaner near me" or city or zip code...and not if you type in "Prochem Titanium Wand" like I see so many do..

We'll see...

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
4 years old in the locksmith industry, 6 months or so heavily in the cleaning industry and still making its way around. Have heard good and bad about it depending on the area. I've seen $18-35 lead costs in this industry.

You've got that a little mixed up or maybe worded it wrong. The customer isn't Google Guaranteed, you the service provider are Google Guaranteed - meaning that they'll provide a refund up to $2500 only 1 time if your work sucks. The whole premise is that they've checked you out and they're providing the user with pre-qualified professionals for their search term. Because of that, it is suppose to a "pre-qualified lead" to you so they can charge a little more.

Reactions: rick imby

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
Can open a whole new book of worms for buyers who expect "perfect" results! A great way for people to get their money back on an "expensive" service...Roll the dice with this google option...

Maybe great for large companies, however, small owner operated companies may suffer from holds and 90 day wait periods between disputes...Especially on large tickets!

My two cents!

Reactions: Trip Moses

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Seems like google is allowing other business to advertise on our local listing page.

Like, someone in another area wants to try and take some work from my town. Their ad shows up in the local area of the page, above those of us who actually live there.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Google is changing everything to be a paid for service. Just a little extra advert money out of every market they serve adds up fast. George Will predicts that Google will go the way of Alta Vista and Ask Jeeves with the Blockchain revolution that is coming. I believe that with the brain power and financial momentum Google has they will power through. They are the most powerful company in the history of the world. DC will NEVER go against Google---too much money in Politicians pockets from their lobbying. They are not making the same naive mistakes Microsoft made in dealing with Big Gov't.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Google is changing everything to be a paid for service. Just a little extra advert money out of every market they serve adds up fast. George Will predicts that Google will go the way of Alta Vista and Ask Jeeves with the Blockchain revolution that is coming. I believe that with the brain power and financial momentum Google has they will power through. They are the most powerful company in the history of the world. DC will NEVER go against Google---too much money in Politicians pockets from their lobbying. They are not making the same naive mistakes Microsoft made in dealing with Big Gov't.
What is block chain?

FredC

Village Idiot
What is block chain?
its a word that doesn't make sense in combination with the rest of that statement...............a revolution that already happened.............a hashed ledger..........the technology behind bitcoin

Theoretically a blockchain based search would tokenize your personal data (so only you have it) to display personalized results/ads and ads would be bought/sold with a cryptocurrency

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomad74

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper

Not to get off track, but google is a powerhouse. As long as the internet exist google isn't going anywhere.

And if the internet does go away they have enough money that more than likely they will be the one that change to what ever the "new" thing is.

Their balance sheet literally couldn't be any better.

They take in 130B a year(65B profit) and have 107B in cash. TOTAL debt for them is 4B.

Pretty nuts...

Reactions: rick imby

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
angie-hicks-17-2.jpg

rick imby

Name
Rick
What is block chain?

It is the platform that Bitcoin etc are built on. Whereas with the Internet there is no privacy, integrating block chain into the system allows complete privacy.

I'm with you Fred, I don't know how it will effect things but Old George Will has been brilliant in his predictions.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
So dont bother with them? They just called me $490 a month 1 year contract. Worth it? Or stay away?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Google, Yelp, Face Book etc. all create more competition for the In Your Face type advertisement. Be the one to show first, higher etc. It is the never ending, always changing, consistently more expensive way to reach clients. Till the next fad right around the corner.

No better time then now to go the old fashion way. Against the grain. Differentiate yourself through personal connection, grass root (referral), one client at a time, creating cheer leaders for life attitude towards business.

Given it is slow, requires consistency and effort, yet is by far the best and least expensive investment you'd ever make in your business and well being. It is nice working for people who think highly of you.

Put your effort into grass root personally based word of mouth "advertisement".

Make customers for life and leave the fads to the rabbits.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Google, Yelp, Face Book etc. all create more competition for the In Your Face type advertisement. Be the one to show first, higher etc. It is the never ending always changing consistently more expensive way to reach clients. Till the next fad.

No better time then now to go the old fashion way. Against the grain. Differentiate yourself through personal connection, grass root (referral), one client at a time, creating cheer leaders attitude towards business.

Given it is slow, requires consistency and effort, yet is by far the best and least expensive investment you'd ever make. Customers for life.

Leave the fads to the rabbits.
As well as going around town introducing yourself to commercial clients. People would be surprised how well that works.

FredC

Village Idiot
HUH? What does that mean?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Nomad74 said:
What is block chain?
its a word that doesn't make sense in combination with the rest of that statement...............a revolution that already happened.............a hashed ledger..........the technology behind bitcoin

Or, the latest advertising buzzword that means nothing. Like A. I., nano-chemicals, and in an earlier generation, turbo, it sounds like it should be cool. Average people aren't the only ones that get fooled, as companies that tout their AI or use blockchain to describe their offerings have found their funding going up, even if they use neither.

I was disappointed to find out the blockchain would not actually deliver tomatoes to my house. I had a mental image of what that would look like.

Reactions: FredC

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
So dont bother with them? They just called me $490 a month 1 year contract. Worth it? Or stay away?

Updating you on Angies list attempt to lock me into a 12 month contract.

I'm leary of wasting money and told him so. Sale's person asked what would it take to get you to sign up today?

I said a "lower price than $490 a month. How much? He asks. I say $300 he says that might be possible."

Going to call back later today

Any thoughts?
Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom