Sometimes you just have to pass

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Had a call from a cleaner in Mizzou today. Needed some cleaning with pet odor issues for a family member. I have done a few of these with no issues, but this one was going the wrong way quick. I got questioned on equipment, cleaning chems - no problem because I would want to know a little of their background too.

Then it went on for 10 mins on odor treatment technique. How was I going to find the areas, what would I use, how would I treat, what chems. Then, they proceeded to tell me how they did it and wanted it done that way. I was trying to be nice, but when they started to layout how they wanted it done then I started to get annoyed. I don't claim to know everything, but cleaning a few dog spots is not that big of a deal. :shock: Luckily they were out of my service area.... :mrgreen: So I had to pass. It smelled like trouble....

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I had one like that last year.
Realtor referred me and the lady had a brother in another state that cleaned carpet.

He told her "What" I was supposed to do.

The thing was the lady didn't catch the pet DAMAGE issues on her walk thru before purchase.
It was a lot cooler then and when she took possession it was hotter than hell and humid.

The realtor was paying for it and didn't know the extent of damage thru out the house.
I'm sure the lady thought it was fixable but it really needed to be ripped out.

I did what I could for the budget allowed .

The lady had buyer's remorse and blamed the realtor and me.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
boazcan said:
Had a call from a cleaner in Mizzou today. Needed some cleaning with pet odor issues for a family member. I have done a few of these with no issues, but this one was going the wrong way quick. I got questioned on equipment, cleaning chems - no problem because I would want to know a little of their background too.

Then it went on for 10 mins on odor treatment technique. How was I going to find the areas, what would I use, how would I treat, what chems. Then, they proceeded to tell me how they did it and wanted it done that way. I was trying to be nice, but when they started to layout how they wanted it done then I started to get annoyed. I don't claim to know everything, but cleaning a few dog spots is not that big of a deal. :shock: Luckily they were out of my service area.... :mrgreen: So I had to pass. It smelled like trouble....

Put the animal in a large poly garbage bag / with your OZONE machine /set on HIGH for 6 hours
"Should reSOLVE the issue...!!!" HacK.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
HARPER said:
boazcan said:

Put the animal in a large poly garbage bag / with your OZONE machine /set on HIGH for 6 hours
"Should reSOLVE the issue...!!!" HacK.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I almost sent them your way, as that would have been a great introduction for you to explain how you wOOd of handled their problem. But I didn't want you to have to Splain this so early in the day....

s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baCBVVIYpPYs]

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....!!!!!

Don't tell these bAsTurdS...."I don't get out of bed until HIGH NOON... :oops: ".... :lol: :lol:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
When we were doing restoration after the "hurricane" in Connecticut we ran into one of the "while you're here" people. She hired her own contractor to remove the drywall, and some other stuff that needed to be removed.

I understand this its a traumatic time... but this lady was impossible. I was supervising, as well as doing work too obviously. For a few days she kept taking guys off tasks I had them doing, and it seriously slowed us down, to move stuff around multiple times from here to there, back to where it originally sat.

Finally her contractor called us wondering why things were taking so long, and Al happened to answer the phone and he had to be blunt with him about it. Afterward we show up, and I kindly explained - I understand you have a deadline, I'm very aware of it, and I scoped the job days ago in order to meet your deadline. Please allow me and my crew to do things in the order I have scoped, and I promise we will make your deadline, otherwise if you don't I can't guarantee we will get done what we need to. The things you are wanting done are important to us, but we have to prioritize and this is a process. We want to help you, any questions please ask.

Afterward she was much easier to deal with, and we met her deadline 2 days ahead of time. She was very happy and even told a few neighbors about us.

In the beginning I wish I had passed on this one, we could have helped 2-3 more families in the time we had invested into her loss, but it ended up good in the end.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom