300 more to go
Then my engine shit a brick
Now I aint got no place to go!

Sing with me boys!
You thought you were so in luck
Bought yourself a big ol truck.
UD engines are 12000 bucks
Boy you just got ******!

In all seriousness, you really need to know what you are getting into if you buy one of these. The engines and transmissions are really hard to find and about 3 times as much as you would think to fix. If you do decide to get one, pay a really good diesel mechanic a lot of money to look at it before you buy it.

If you dont have 10,000 sitting in the bank as insurance, stay away.

Name
Nate W.
Wouldn't that go in line with, "If you can't afford the maintenance, you can't afford it" That's what I was told when I was younger.

A

amazingcleansc

Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
Damn! That's a sad song indeed.... :-(

Wtf happened?

none of the sensors or lights came on.

I dont think its going to be 12000 to fix it. It might just be 9000. phew!

A

amazingcleansc

Nate The Great said:
Wouldn't that go in line with, "If you can't afford the maintenance, you can't afford it" That's what I was told when I was younger.

Damn right. I just made a slight miscalculation as to what an engine costs. but for god's sake, its a diesel! They run forever i'm told.

A

amazingcleansc

hogjowl said:
You should have bought mine.

I didnt know yours was for sale. Ive only made 2 different threads about buying a vortex 777

hogjowl said:
You idiot.

You cant hurt my feelings, I have none left now. :roll:

Does this qualify as an epic fail?

A

amazingcleansc

What does it need?

It needs an engine

You can get one at the junkyard that will make you be on pins and needles every time you switch the machine on or you can get it done right for only 5 figures. Im not too worried though. C'est la vie.

bonesheal

amazingcleansc said:
in the country style.

Flew myself to Texas,
Bought myself a truck.
Service records, price and all
I knew I was in luck

700 miles behind me
300 more to go

Sing with me boys!
Boy you just got ******!

Bravo! Did you compose that on the side of the road?

Name
George Valliant
I'd call the seller and explain what happened and ask em if there is anything they can do to help out.

If they got resources they may be willing.

A

amazingcleansc

bonesheal said:
Bravo! Did you compose that on the side of the road?

Actually the 2 scruffy looking gentlemen that told me I had a "purty mouth" that were playing dueling banjos that I had to walk by when I was walking 2 miles in the dark uphill to a crack motel in the middle of South Georgia wrote it.

A

amazingcleansc

I'd call the seller and explain what happened and ask em if there is anything they can do to help out.

If they got resources they may be willing.

That would make me too much of a whiny bitch to live with myself. He sold me a vortex for 8300 dollars that worked when he sold it to me. Hes gave me a big stack of service records. The mechanic that worked on the truck was present. It's just shit luck is all. Make sure your lights all work in your dash.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
in the country style.

Flew myself to Texas,
Bought myself a truck.
Service records, price and all
I knew I was in luck

700 miles behind me
300 more to go

Sing with me boys!
Boy you just got ******!

This is funny.

Sorry for your troubles dude.

Albert

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
this might not be that much better but i know where you can get a good engine with a warranty for about 6500 plus shipping. here is what it would like like it comes as an almost complete drop in.

udmotor.jpg

A

amazingcleansc

dealtimeman said:
this might not be that much better but i know where you can get a good engine with a warranty for about 6500 plus shipping. here is what it would like like it comes as an almost complete drop in.

udmotor.jpg

I appreciate it. What kind of warranty and miles?

A

amazingcleansc

Including turbo!

Not bad at all.

I be contacting you when my engine blows up.

I think I am going to just get it done the "right" (I hope) way and get a factory rebuild done to it, so i'm not on pins and needles after the 1 month warranty runs out. The warranty just pays for the engine and not the parts if im right. and suppose this one has some sort of damage inside the engine but still runs. your better off rebuilding the one you have 9 times out of 10 i think.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
amazingcleansc said:
In all seriousness, you really need to know what you are getting into if you buy one of these. The engines and transmissions are really hard to find and about 3 times as much as you would think to fix. If you do decide to get one, pay a really good diesel mechanic a lot of money to look at it before you buy it.

If you dont have 10,000 sitting in the bank as insurance, stay away.

or better yet just don't buy one, plenty of guys have put larger slide in's, in box trucks didn't have to drive to texas, and the customer doesn't know they are getting the "fake" big truck.

A

amazingcleansc

that could be just as expensive though unless youre getting something like an express box truck or something. UD and Isuzu are just expensive

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
It comes with a six month warranty and if the engine has not given you trouble in six months it would be a good engine . Most of these guys engines have 50000 or so miles and for a diesel that is not many miles at all.

The way I look at it is that if I buy a beat up 777 for 8500 put a rebuilt motor for 7500 and get a rebuild on the tranny for 3000 and another 2000 fixing the v unit I am still way ahead of buying a newer unit and with warranty on the two biggest componants on the truck.

21000 for a good used unit or 103000 for a new one that the manufacturer is having issues supporting?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom