soooo prices Jon-don and interlink

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Cuz they are on the website John....there got that one out of the way :p :p :p :p

sooo for a exchanger gasket it is
jon don $3.87
interlink $53.87

Typo??

blower filter

JD $34.00
Inter $189.16

WTF??

blower greaser flap thing

JD $25.73
Inter $39.31

ohhh Inter is $3 cheaper on a basket

Distributor cap
JD $34.70
Interlink $52.84
Auto Zone $5.99

So i think if these guys would be just A LITTLE more competitive on the simple things...then maybe just maybe us BDCC may go to them for other stuff

Starter

inter $635.53
AZ $30

typo maybe...

Able 1

Name
Keith
No those are probably right.... They want us to be loyal to them, as they f us in the ass.. I shop around now and I never would have done it before, but my Prochem disty got me once... aint going to happen again! I know disty's need to make money but to mark it up 100.00 and have me wait for it...

Jon don has great prices, and for me it's here tomorrow...

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
yea i noticed that, but most guys think they need to go to a carpet cleaning store to get parts for their truckmount, not realizing they can get the same parts elseware for a fraction of the cost.

i was placeing an order for a control panel, just to be lazy i asked about the screw and bolts. they quoted me $1.67 a bolt. went to a local nut and bolt place and bought stainless ones for $ 0.12 each.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
The local interlink store was $180 bucks more expensive than the $499 retail on their website for the new Sapphire Uph Pro Tool...gotta love it.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Yea, and us carpet cleaners are accused of being worse price shoppers than our customers - I wonder why!!! We have to be.

Heck, some guys have to price shop just to stay in business - others just REALLY dislike being taken advantage of.

I don't hate distributors. Most of them are very helpful. But they only get a fraction of my business - mostly just chems. And if everyone here knew how little it cost to make chems, it would really tick you off. If I need something and can find it (the same exact thing) somewhere else, 99% of the time it is cheaper at the other place. ALOT cheaper.

Been looking for a filter for my waste tank lately. One of the disty's on this board sells it for 82.50. IT'S A FREAKIN' FILTER!! When I find it somewhere else at 1/4 the price, I'll post it here.

I don't mind paying for quality. I don't mind paying for great service. But I detest being taken advantage of. I don't take advantage of other folks - Momma raised me better than that.

And that's all I have to say about that.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ohhhh i know about chems to....

use to (back in the day) we bought from a friend who was a chemist and made chems for carwash places...found a great degreaser for them nasties...

paid cost $2 a gallon....

and it would dilute at 2-4oz a gallon....

problem was its to sudsy, if there isnt enough grease...and i wouldnt trust it on res....

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I'm notorious for second-sourcing parts, and not just for carpet stuff! Several years ago I was rebuilding the outdrive on my boat (Mercruiser). I needed a new gimbal bearing, and Mercruiser wanted about $180 for it. I called up the counter at Kaman Bearings and read him the number on the race, he turned a few pages and said "ah, yeah, I got one, you must be working on a conveyor belt right?" I said sure am! It was $43.00...

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
james i know what your talking about. about a week ago i was looking for waste tank filters for my trucks. jondon had it for 120,interlink for 85 and cobb had it for 73(just not in stock) so i just popped on ebay and four-THATS RIGHT FOUR- for forty dollars plus shipping. just goes to show. plus it came with 2 - 1inch filters that i will be inventing a use for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250583769100&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

and seller shipped it quick had it in three days.

this is also the reason that i buy multiple of the parts i need and have to have to stay in operation and just put them on the shelf until i need them.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Michael are those the stainless steel ones?

The other metal ones are about half the price of stainless steel but will rust out over time and could send chunks into the blower.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Doc Holliday said:
Michael are those the stainless steel ones?

The other metal ones are about half the price of stainless steel but will rust out over time and could send chunks into the blower.

I hate those things!! Mine is in pieces-pulled the famous pantyhose over it and wonder about all the missing little pieces....where are they? You are right Richard- they are all probably eaten up by the blower.

WHY can't they make a filter -exactly like that- out of hard plastic that won't rust???!!

Is it impossible to do?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Yes Richard these are not ss and will be replaced every six months. But at ten dollars I can't complain.

When looking the flo-ezy brand, you need to look at the model number. If it just starts w a p then the numbers it is not completely stainless. If it starts with pass then the number then it is. Example a filter that is p100-3-100 is not stainless but if it is pass100-3-100 it is stainless.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Replace them every 45 days on the V. If they last that long. Sometimes stepping over $'s to Pick up .01's can get really really $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Just a word of caution my friend.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
:eek: John the other nonstainless filters lasted me almost two years before breaking down and rusting thru. So I am looking to get at least 6 months to nine months out of these.

Bob Foster

Able 1 said:
No those are probably right.... They want us to be loyal to them, as they f us in the ass.. I shop around now and I never would have done it before, but my Prochem disty got me once... aint going to happen again! I know disty's need to make money but to mark it up 100.00 and have me wait for it...

Jon don has great prices, and for me it's here tomorrow...

Stockholm syndrome...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
pressure and temp can be had else where....

auto parts for pressure

hose supply places for pressure

havent found one for VAC....seems like $42 ish is what it is

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom