soot removal from concrete

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have a job that has soot staining on bare concrete that they are wanting to preserve. I have pressure washed and scrubbed the crap out of it, any other ideas??

Mike Hogan

We do a fair amount of fires........soda blasting does a great job without harming the building
materials.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Mike is right the soda will kick ass on concrete.

Maybe you don't even need to blast it? We did a warehouse where we were cleaning up some stainless steel tanks by blasting them, no structure cleaning.

The soda would fall to the floor and remain there as we blasted the tanks, by the end of the day the concrete cleaned up with no blasting, just by the soda sitting on it all day.

Worth a try if you don't have access to a soda blaster.

50-lb bag of Maintenance Plus is around $35.00
sodabag_thumb200.jpg

leesenter

Benefect Atomic Cleaner is awesome and non-toxic.

There is also a hopper you can buy for a powerwasher that mixes water soluable soda called Armex with your pressure waher. It usually works unless it is the area immediately around the source of the fire. Then we use calcium chloride as a mix first then the soda.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
I stopped using benefact's Atomic after I found OneRestore from
EaCo Chem. No scrubbing or agitation needed, the soot just comes of
with the pressure wash. The last time I used it was to clean some faux stone (painted concrete) in a house. The insurance co totaled all of the stone and it came off in seconds. The homeowner pocketed more than 3k that the adjuster gave him for replacement value.
Luis
PS. The source of the fire was plastic and wood.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
leesenter said:
Benefect Atomic Cleaner is awesome and non-toxic.

There is also a hopper you can buy for a powerwasher that mixes water soluable soda called Armex with your pressure waher. It usually works unless it is the area immediately around the source of the fire. Then we use calcium chloride as a mix first then the soda.

do you have any links to this stuff, I am trying to not spend anymore than I have to on equipment. harbor freight has some soda blasting stuff has anyone used that??

wpschoch

you can etch the concrete with an acid based cleaner like acid magic or restore one. anything with hydrochloric acid in it. It will eventually start to chew up the concrete so use this as a last resort. I have used acid magic to successfully remove scorch marks from a pool patio where my customer's son was stupid enough to burn a pile of boxes. I've got a hot water pressure washing rig and full heat at 3500 psi didn't come close to cleaning as well as the acid. It did need some scrubbing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom