sell the trailer for what you owe and cut your looses, no offense intended

Mikey P

Administrator
Re: South Lake Tahoe Carpet Cleaning Business For Sale

Geeze Tony are you always such a dick?

Sorry to hear that Steve.

Real sorry.

Good luck with your next gig bud.

Let me know if we can help you out in any way.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen

If you can get me a pic of the rig I'll post it on my board at the shop. Sorry to hear about it man. Are you still doing the print shop gig?

Tahoesteve

Thanks Mikey...I appreciate the support.

As for Tony's comment...whatever...I got an ex wife dude...you got along way to go to even remotely effect me with your "expert" opinions

Hey Chris...I will get you some pics. Thanks

Mikey P

Administrator

So what are you going to do now Steve?

If you don't mind me asking..

Tahoesteve

I might have a potential partner interested so maybe I will get to continue running the business.

If not, I,ve been working part time at a printshop in the early morning and reffing basketball and umping softball and flag football in the evenings, so I will continue to do that. I was a printer for 26 years so I know how to do all that but the print industry is declining due to the digital age. I really like cleaning carpets so maybe work for the buyer or someone else in town.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen

Jump on with Audie I'm sure you two would make a good team.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C

Steve, I don't know you or your situation. I would give you some friendly advice to keep the equipment and the business. You could work it part time and still cover the asking price within a year. Sometimes when we do something part time it is more fun and you are able to project that to your customers. I speak from experience with a couple other businesses that I have had.

Best of luck.

Willy P

Name
Willy P

Steve- I've been in the same leaky boat. Just grab a bucket and bail like hell. Any spare time spend on opening, not knocking on doors. Getting a few good things happening is just the tonic in a most cases. There's a lot of help and support by some of the old timers around the boards. Just wade through the negative bullshit, as sure as the sun shines there's going to be some. If you go down, you went down swinging. Good luck!

Tahoesteve

Good News!

I get to keep the business running. My temporary cash crisis is over for now so I am happy to say I will stay in business.

Life is funny sometimes....just when I thought there was no other way, the phone starts ringing off the hook and I book 3k in work for the next 10 days.

Thanks for the support.

Jimbo

Glad to hear you are hanging on to it, Steve. Sounds like you will benefit from keeping it...what other asset do we have that keeps bringing us money? May I suggest taking about 20% of each deposit you make and putting it in a strong box....do that for a year and no more 'cash crisis!'

KeithCo

Name
Keith Collins
Excellent point, Jim!

This is what all 3 of the BRC'ers have done in our own businesses for years.

It's really amazing how fast cash builds up.
It does have to be done religously. Start with 10% and graduate to 20% if possible.

Keith

Tahoesteve

Great advise Jimbo.

I started today at 10%. My only job of the day (had to reschedule my second job) was a lakefront mansion 7000 sq ft. What started as a few rooms for $300 turned into all the installed wool carpeting and a few couches and chairs. Total bill $1239.80. By far my biggest job (and day) so far in my carpet cleaning career. Stuck 125 in the cookie jar.

Funny how things can change.

The house is owned by the son of the dude that founded Heavenly Valley Ski Resort.

Take Care,
Steve

Jimbo

I bought my strong box from a safe guy...and paid him 3 x the initial price to get it moved 2 x. It's hard to get 2400 lbs off the floor without special equipment...don't be shy about getting a safe, Steve.

My guy is Roger at Pyramid Lock and Key...tell him you know me and you'll get a deal.- Jim

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I get up to Tahoe and clean some vacation rentals every once in a while.
Do you find it hard to breath or are you used to it by now?
Those 3 and 4 story homes are a bitch for low alt. person.

I am dead tired before I even start cleanin.

There is a lot of money to be made in Tahoe, I thought about starting a truck up there permanently...well in the spring and summer anyway.

How much work do you get in the winter?

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
It can be a little slow in the winter due to the fact that we get a lot of snow up there and some decently cold temps but the guys up there make it through ok. Water damages keep the restoration guys going for sure though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom