speaking of carbon monoxide poisoning...

-JB-

Name
JB
from another post.

Anyone here had problems themselves, or know anyone FIRST HAND that had issues with it relating to their TM?

I know most everyone has heard the stories of the CC owner who went buy to check on his tech doing a unoccupied home and found the CC van parked in the garage. He instructed the tech to pull it out and assumed he did. Only to have to deal with the death of the tech later on in the day, as he never pulled the van out. Credible story, or just industry lore?

As for myself...
I was doing a doctors office about 12yrs ago, w the van parked out front facing away from the bldg, not near the door.
Oddly the secretary from the doctors office behind the one I was cleaning came in and asked what kind of chemicals I was using, as it "smelled funny" and was making them "uneasy" in their office 150+ ft from the van!
I went back to see what the issue was and had a sinking suspicion what was causing the problem but couldn't figure out how, as the van was so far from where the office was and I was working closer w/no issue.
I went outside to check things out and noticed a cold air intake right over the van! I shut the van down, told the office staff what seemed to be the problem, called 911 to have them come check the c02 levels, also started opening the doors (fixed windows) and put air movers in the doors to get fresh air in. The firemen came (small town took em like 3 min!), and sure enough the levels were waaay up there, got luck with that one I guess!

Watch for them air intakes

and you...

Name
Lee Stockwell
I've done it. My daughter Ginger and I were both made sick by it. Van parked 20' outside an open garage door. Hose came in thru the kitchen door inside the garage. Breezy day, thought it would dilute it...it didn't.

It WAS completely odorless. We didn't realize what was happening until their CO detector went off.

Spurling

maybe carry a detector with you and plug it in next to the door from now on .. or in your case plug it in where the people are working so you would atleast know if youre contaninating the air

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Back around 1987 couple of years into the buisness, I worked with a guy..A little guy.. Real hyper, Always running around, People like that irritate me, Anyway..this guy goes on a night job cleaning a shoe store, Alone . Well he pulls the van around back sets up with the exhaust spewing into the store. A passer by found him and the store manager unconscious on the floor :roll: He quite after he recoverd.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Honestly I think this is a serious problem.

Chronic exposure can cause problems that may go undiagnosed for a long time.

It would probably be good for cleaners to wear a little personal detector worn as a necklace or on the belt.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Lee Stockwell said:
Honestly I think this is a serious problem.

Chronic exposure can cause problems that may go undiagnosed for a long time.

It would probably be good for cleaners to wear a little personal detector worn as a necklace or on the belt.

Thats a good idea maybe you could market that make some money. :mrgreen:

-JB-

Name
JB

Lee THAT is one of the BEST ideas I've heard in a while!

CleanEvo

I've had the c02 monitor go off in a home twice. I once cleaned a restaurant and the manager came and complained about the exhaust smell in the building. And I'm very carefull! It happens very easily... be carefull!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
http://www.rkiinstruments.com/pages/gaswatch.htm

watch.jpg

-JB-

Name
JB
:x :x :x DANGIT! DANGIT! DANGIT! :x :x :x

I was SURE we were all gonna make it rich off that idea! :evil:

Ah well back to rug suckin!

seriously... probably ought attach that to the wand, cause I know how easy it would be to get techs or myself to actually wear it w/any regularity. :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom