speaking of color seal

Cameron1

Man, I have always been slow to make a decision, but when I do it is usually a##h&&& and elbows all the way in.

Case in point is Color sealing. Knowing that the Grout perfect guy was going to be at Mikeyfest I opened the package I bought last summer with the hopes of getting all my questions resolved, and hopefully add this service.

I can't believe I haven't done this sooner. Since MF we done three jobs and have two more on the books. One is a 1500 sq. ft. bathroom at a business. All have turned out perfect.

It seems to good to be true..........Are there any negatives?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i guess it depends on your warranty and what you told the customer to get the job. some people will expect it to stay clean forever and it does start to wear off.

gene

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Make sure you pre-condition the custy to the fact that it may have to be reapplied a few years down the road. It's not a perfect science, especially if the grout has been abused. But it sure can spiff up nasty grout!

I had to clean a tile floor yesterday for an insurance claim, and the grout was obviously sealed before. It was a nightmare....and the claim didn't allow for resealing or recoloring.

Name
Nate W.
Albert Lazo said:
Yes, make sure to tell them it isn't stain proof.

Albert

Hey Albert, this whole time I assumed GP was stain proof. I never did tile cleaning but want to offer it. I like to read and have an understanding about the pros and cons. My motto is, better safe then sorry.

Cameron1

Mikey P said:
Just make sure the home owner picks the right color.

getting GP off is a nightmare.

I was told that stripper would take it off in a snap?

Yes....No.....Maybe so???

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
steve said:
Mikey P said:
Just make sure the home owner picks the right color.

getting GP off is a nightmare.

I was told that stripper would take it off in a snap?

Yes....No.....Maybe so???

If you are trying to snap 30ft oak tree in half :shock:

It will take it off, with scrubbing, but not in a snap.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom