speaking of vacs...what about cross contamination???

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
cross contamination from one home to another is rarely ever mentioned .
anyone ever think about it and the potential risks we bring into our custy's homes?

is the cat fur ball carpet we vacced two hours ago a potential risk to to the next home that has serious allergies to cats??
What about dog viruses/germs/infectious diseases from one home to another home with dogs?

FLEAS, lice, bed bUgs :eekk: etc

do you figure the risks are so minimal that you don't think twice about any of it
or are you anal about it and wash the vac after every job?
or somewhere in between?

..l.T.A.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
When I first started cleaning, I took classes from I guy who lost everything - business, house, savings, ect - because he almost killed a kid that had cat allergies by bringing cat dander into their house on/in his vacuum, hoses, wand, ect. He highly recommended against vacuuming. Only use the customers vacuum if you we're going to vacuum.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I actually like this idea and now I have a thought. You could actually get out of vacuuming by explaining to the clients about cross contamination and either they can vacuum prior to your arrival or you could use their vacuum. Honestly, we do not usually vacuum unless its full of pet hair, a move out with stuff everywhere, or a client that clearly does not do regular vacuuming, like the elderly, etc..

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We don't worry too much about the hoses, but we do use a turbo vac connected to the truck for pre-vacuuming. Everything goes outside to the dump tank so no worries about blowing anything ugly into a customer's home.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We make sure the vacuums we use have HEPA filtration but the brush to carpet contact. Really never thought too much about it. :icon_neutral:

Thankfully we don't do any rat nasty work or yes I think I'd be a little more concerned.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Not to MENTION all the little critters that jump on YOU...
only to take a ride to YOR house!!!

Back
Top Bottom